September Hatch-A-Long!

Looks like the baby is out... But I found this. It looks like it still had a lot of veins to absorb? Will it be ok? Momma is hiding the chick pretty well so I haven't actually seen it yet.

I've even got a thermometer in there. 90.5 and slowly getting warmer. I checked a couple eggs and I saw movement. It's times like this you don't want someone walking in on you. How to explain the eggs & thermometer on my legs and turkey on my chest. Only here would someone understand.

I've the temp upto 95'. Woo hoo! 2 more hours to go. I hope the power pole gets fixed fast.

Everyone kicked in. Max did her best to cover the eggs I didn't have room for.

I think just about all of the eggs survived. I didn't see movement in 2 but they were warm.
Good job Max! She was concerned her butt wasn't big enough.

OK I ordered 6 bantam Cochin show eggs. they are very small creamy, almost pink eggs. Its day 2 and I know I broke the day 7 candling rule, but two already have spider veins and heartbeats, the other 4 nothing. should I worry yet?

lol...you can candle whenever you like...if they are shipped eggs it's very likely they got warm enough to start incubating...if you see a heartbeat they are further along than 2 days...but it's too early to make a judgment on the others...happy hatching
clap.gif

Went into lockdown last night. However one of the "window" had fallen off without me noticing. So my poor hubby spent the day checking and rechecking the incubator temps and humidity trying to get it stable. Since this is our second hatch and the first practically did it by itself, he had no experience with the incubator.

Say a little prayer they all survived.
fl.gif

aww...
fl.gif
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom