Serama and trader joes chicks have hatched!(w/pics)

Did you monitor the relative humidity, and if so, what RH did you run?

Seramas are totally one of my new favorites, but I need to get my incubator and RH dialed-in before I try them. I'm going to Trader Joe's tomorrow!

Quote:
Since I have been putting eggs in almost once a week and keeping it full, I almost always have somthing hatching and somthing turning in my sportsman. I have been keeping the humidity stable at 57 all the time and closing one a vent to bring it up to 61 right as eggs are hatching(wait for pips) and taking it out as soon as they are done. Seems to be working as I am getting much better hatches than I ever did with my hovabator.

It was my first time with Seramas and I am very happy with the results considering they were shipped eggs.

I just finished hatching button quails this morning looks like I have about 21 out of 26 eggs!!! Ill have to get pics of those guys too!

The cant touch the bulb and I have always used the 40watt appliance bulbs, I move them up slowly as they grow. They grow great and no one picks on anyone. But Thank you anyhow

It works for you so that is awesome, keep it up. What works for you may not work for everyone. I have been raising chicks the same way for the last 10 years and have yet to come up with a maladjusted stressed chicks that fails to thrive and grow, when or if I do Ill think about trying to change somthing. You cant compare chicks to people, my chicks fall alseep and stay alseep just fine with or without the light, I however wouldnt be able to sleep in 95-100 degree temps no matter what color the light. They dont all sit directly under the light, the cage is much bigger than the suface area of the light and so they have super warm spots directly under the light and lesser so as they move out somtimes they are under sometimes they are out walking around.

I have tried the red lamps before unfortunatley they just didnt work as well.

Back
Top Bottom