SERAMA Breeders...Help?? **UPDATED PICS**

GypsyChic

Songster
10 Years
Aug 24, 2009
MO
Hi everyone...I've got a delema here. Hatched several batches of serama eggs and ended up with 2 little ladies I felt were worthy of keeping. They are almost 11mos old, both are laying, and also "appear" to be sz A's. They havent grown in forever, but now they are laying, I'm in desperate need of a quality roo who would complement them. I've attached pics so you can see both ladies, their size, and also critique them for m
smile.png
I would appreciate any info, thoughts, opinions of the girls, and DEEPLY appreciate it if someone could help in locating a nice small guy for them. Thanks for taking the time to read my post and help me out...

012-3.jpg

013-1.jpg

ETS: Correct my silly spelling

Last edited:
Your pics are at angles, so it's hard to see their backs. They have nice chest and tail cairrage, though. Both girls' wings are pointed back, so they could use a husband with extremely vertical wings. I can't help you in that department at this time, but I wish you luck!

Nice girls!
Work on getting them to pose and stay vertical!
I would love to see more pics.
I agree with Liz--great chests!-- but the other thing you want to watch for is pinched tails...
you want the back of the tail to be spread open and look like an "A"

Im getting ready to post some new pics of the birds Im selling for the fall since its nice enough to ship.
Good show winning stock,and we sell eggs now too from our personal breeders!

They are here with pics and weights (click on the pic for description)
at www.photobucket.com/BluegrassSeramas in the Summer 2010 album.
Ill be posting more boys this weekend and can send pics of the parents too!

Quote:
Sounds great. They are both so tame and such love-buttons, all they wanna do is sit to be petted or climb on my hands
lol.png
Hard to get the lil boogers to stand up, but they will for treats. I'll try to get/post new pics so you both can see/critique them a bit better and maybe help me find a nice hubby for them. Thanks again ladies, I appreciate the reply!

ETA: Pic I forgot to add to post. Will be sending more later on.

39809_006.jpg

Last edited:
New pics of the white hen "Itty". Hope you can see her back in both pics and tell me more about what you think of her in both pics. You really dont know how much your help and critiques are appreciated. I'm new to this breed by about a year, so I need all the help I can get. OH...I checked both the girls bumz and they DO have an obvious "A" shape
smile.png

39809_008.jpg

39809_009.jpg

Thanks for the nice comments, they are both sweet girls. Is "Junior" the one you were speaking of?? He's beautiful, but so are your other guys
smile.png
Thanks for responding...I appreciate you taking the time to help.

That last pic is great, but does she hold her wings down? They may be a bit long...
They seem to have an unusual angle.. Ill have to look at some of my birds tomorrow and compare,lol

Quote:
Jessi,
Both the girls wings drage the ground and I think that's part of the reason they hold them back more. I've not trimmed them, and dont know if I should. Like I said, I've only been working with this breed for about a year, and have found limited info for spacifics such as that. When they stand up and flap wing/puff up, the tips hang down past their feet but are more vertical
hu.gif

ETA: if you look at their wings, tips are scruffy from dragging ground

Last edited:
Whoa nice hens! good luck finding a roo, should be easyier then finding a nice hen.. where did you get your eggs from?

Back
Top Bottom