Serama Coop - supplies and considerations?

uisceros

Chirping
Jun 2, 2022
Massachusetts, USA
Hi all!

I recently had a 60 sq ft run/coop combo built for my Seramas. I’m looking to furnish it for my birds, and wondered if any seasoned Serama owners had favorite small-sized feeders/waterers/accessories that they’d be willing to share?

I’ve had my birds for about a year, but half of that time they’ve been indoors due to the weather. I’m hoping to set this coop up so that it would be functional enough for them to stay in during the winter (with a heater, of course). Up until now I’ve mostly just been using supplies meant for chicks, but I want better quality.

Thanks!!

I don't have small breed chickens but I do really like the no spill feeder ports I installed in a 5 gallon bucket. I had to elevate mine as the chickens got bigger but they have been using it since they were 5 weeks old, so that should equate to the size of your Seramas at some point. The bucket will also hold about 25 lbs of feed and doesn't get wet, even in hard rain, so it is great in a covered outdoor run. One bucket with 4 to 6 ports should be fine for your setup. I also have nipple waterers and an auto cup type waterer, the chickens will use the nipples but seem to prefer the cup type. Here is a link to the ones I got but if you need more ports there are alot of choices. If you can't do it yourself there are premade ones from companies like "rent a coop" etc..
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09W5V8NZ6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back
Top Bottom