Serama crossbreed

shotokun1115

In the Brooder
Jan 31, 2022
Philippines
Hi I've got a rooster, he's half serama and half micro bantam ( a bantam breed in philippines that is about a size of a serama)
I bred him with a pure malaysian serama, Would their chicks look like a pure serama by appearance?

Hi I've got a rooster, he's half serama and half micro bantam ( a bantam breed in philippines that is about a size of a serama)
I bred him with a pure malaysian serama, Would their chicks look like a pure serama by appearance?
You'd need to look at your birds and how close the rooster is to serama in appearance. Most mixes have a bit both parents in their looks. Also, with a cross, the genes of the Philippine bantam may show up and make some of the chicks look that way.

Likely you will get some that look pure and others not.

You'd need to look at your birds and how close the rooster is to serama in appearance. Most mixes have a bit both parents in their looks. Also, with a cross, the genes of the Philippine bantam may show up and make some of the chicks look that way.

Here is their pictures.

Attachments

• received_1893213797531022.jpeg
    received_1893213797531022.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20220209_162810.jpg
    IMG_20220209_162810.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
He's a wonderful bird; very like a serama accept for his oversized comb and wattles. They will likely have wonderful chicks. The large comb and wattles is likely to pass on to their offspring.

I imagine the chicks will look like tiny little dandelion puffs! I raise large breeds for meat and eggs so the bigger, the better. My wife, though, would set fire to everything we have in order to start over with tiny perfect chickens like yours.
I'm still waiting. They say first clutch is less likely to hatch. I'm hoping at least 4 out of 7 will hatch.

Back
Top Bottom