Serama Hatch-A-Long!!

Alrighty I just got back home and alas... 3 out of the 4 are still going. I just candled and one of the 3 had a slightly saddle shaped air cell. Do you think it will cause problems?
:oops:
That is normal for shipped eggs... it always made me think the air cell was getting too big but they just look deceptively large. Just proceed as normal. :fl

Last edited:
I get about half and half. I do help eggs hatch that have difficulty. I bet I save a lot of girls that way. The most robust hatchers are usually boys. I always have too many roos :(

i help seramas alot faster than any other breed. I know I've saved a few females, for sure. But you make a good point. I don't normally intervene until they stall, so maybe next hatch, i do a few more safety holes earlier, just as an experiment.

IMG_2036.JPG
i help seramas alot faster than any other breed. I know I've saved a few females, for sure. But you make a good point. I don't normally intervene until they stall, so maybe next hatch, i do a few more safety holes earlier, just as an experiment.

I figure that most of the ones that need help are probably girls... but I've never kept track. Honestly, I help them early and I rarely have ill effects from doing so. These babies just hatched.

Alrighty today is day 21... I have seen no pipping... which scares me. If none hatch, I say it is due to my time of not turning them for those few days. I'm hoping for at least one of the three to hatch for me. :fl:fl

Back
Top Bottom