Serama Hatch-A-Long!!

Do not give up. This is a learning curve. Try again. Other people do it who are a lot dumber than you are so you know you can do it too.

Ok this is trial 2... I have 10 eggs from @TJChickens and they are in the incubator and I'm doing a dry hatch and the temperature is stable. Last time I used an automatic turner and now I am hand turning (well a hand turning contraption I created). I'm going to candle on day 10, which is tomorrow. SEND UP PRAYERS :fl:fl

Ok this is trial 2... I have 10 eggs from @TJChickens and they are in the incubator and I'm doing a dry hatch and the temperature is stable. Last time I used an automatic turner and now I am hand turning (well a hand turning contraption I created). I'm going to candle on day 10, which is tomorrow. SEND UP PRAYERS :fl:fl

Thinking good thoughts for you! I hope they all do well!

I have 20 or so Serama eggs that should hatch in a few days. A bunch of silkied and frizzle Seramas and surely some straight feather too.

Thinking good thoughts for you! I hope they all do well!

I have 20 or so Serama eggs that should hatch in a few days. A bunch of silkied and frizzle Seramas and surely some straight feather too.
Alright I just candled... out of 10 we have... 4 quiters... 4 going beautifully strong... and 2 undeveloped... I forgot that I am going out of town this weekend so I have to ask someone to turn the eggs for me... i don't know if I should switch to the automatic for the few days while I am gone... either way it looks like we will have at least 1 baby by hatch day :fl:clap:yesss:

Alright I just candled... out of 10 we have... 4 quiters... 4 going beautifully strong... and 2 undeveloped... I forgot that I am going out of town this weekend so I have to ask someone to turn the eggs for me... i don't know if I should switch to the automatic for the few days while I am gone... either way it looks like we will have at least 1 baby by hatch day :fl:clap:yesss:

Glad to hear some are looking good!!

some is better than none!

turning is more important prior to day 14, after that, not so much. Got luck!! :fl

some is better than none!

turning is more important prior to day 14, after that, not so much. Got luck!! :fl
I'm going out of town tomorrow... I'm on day 11 or 12 :fl... I guess I can put them in the automatic while I am gone... although the hand turning has been way more effecient... what say you?

I'm going out of town tomorrow... I'm on day 11 or 12 :fl... I guess I can put them in the automatic while I am gone... although the hand turning has been way more effecient... what say you?

Tough one. I think it would be ok to not turn them for a couple days, but I also hate to say for sure lol! (sorry, I have a pet-peeve here about "bad" advice)
But.... if it were me.... I'd probably not bother moving them to the turner.

Back
Top Bottom