Serama Rooster with dark areas in comb and eye closure.

Openwings

In the Brooder
Mar 14, 2021
My young Serama Rooster was beat up by his two girls while they sat their eggs. He had areas on his comb that were open holes. I treated the injuries with antibiotic ointment and the holes are closed. The flesh is not colored yet. Don’t know if this is an indication of a problem or normal healing process. The tips of his comb are black and it is slightly flopped over. One eye is often closed and looks slightly swollen. Maybe sinus? His mouth looks okay, his weight is good, his poop is normal.
02048C2C-ED42-4B4D-B80B-39665CDB4304.jpeg
8E3D465A-7DE4-4170-89A8-8FEF08D6A6F5.jpeg

My young Serama Rooster was beat up by his two girls while they sat their eggs. He had areas on his comb that were open holes. I treated the injuries with antibiotic ointment and the holes are closed. The flesh is not colored yet. Don’t know if this is an indication of a problem or normal healing process. The tips of his comb are black and it is slightly flopped over. One eye is often closed and looks slightly swollen. Maybe sinus? His mouth looks okay, his weight is good, his poop is normal.View attachment 2663463View attachment 2663465
Hi. I posted this description and photos yesterday and have received no replies. Did I not do this correctly?

Back
Top Bottom