seramas the cutest chickens in the world

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by seramaman, May 9, 2011.

1. seramaman

seramaman Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2011
    does any body have serama eggs in thier incubators right now

2. SunValleySeramas

SunValleySeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2010
    ramona, california
    I think I have around 15, last week i had 15 chicks hatch out!! been busy!! all seramas!!

3. i want seramas! [​IMG]

4. Diamante

Diamante Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    Southwest, Ohio
    Put 2 eggs under my broody silkie tonight. I really hope they hatch considering the odds with serama.

5. Fawkes

Fawkes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    I want a serama too! How difficult are they to find?

6. justtoni44

justtoni44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    oregon
    Hi,
    Put mine in lockdown today [​IMG] I think 6 are good.I am not good a candeling.
    Four were clear for sure....two??????????
    I am so hopeful.
    Eggs and live can be found in the BYC auction.
    Good Luck

7. seramaman

seramaman Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2011
    have not had any trouble hatching the little cuties out

8. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    I do, I do!! It was completely unplanned. I don't normally go for bantams, but a seller sent me two as surprise extras with an order. Then I had to get another batch of hatching eggs when I realized my batch under the broodies are all duds, so I had that seller throw in two more Serama eggs. I'm glad you started this thread - I'm totally new to incubator hatching, and I know nothing about Seramas. I found myself getting excited about the idea of these tiny little pretty birds, and I'm hoping to get away with keeping a rooster since they are so small. So far it looks like two of the eggs are developing. I'll have to take a picture and show Serama people - the first two eggs are SO SMALL, and the second two are noticably larger.

9. Fawkes

Fawkes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    I wonder if many keep seramas indoors, since they're so small? I can't imagine them being much messier than a medium to large parrot, anyways (speaking from experience, I have super dusty cockatiels!). I already have indoor ducks (well they spend about half the day outside usually) but I don't think my parents would mind a tiny serama indoors as well lol.

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Quote:We kept our 2 Seramas that hatched last July inside all winter long. Although on warmer days they did spend a few hours outside. They weren't nearly as messy as I thought they would be & were very easy to take care of [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by