Seramas

That would be great!!! I'm not at all interested in showing . I just like to walk out there and stare at them lol
I will for sure hope to make a home for some of your birds!!!!!

Quote:
I think if you were going to show the d'uccles (millie fleur) they're supposed to weigh more, but so far the ones we've bought from hatcheries are much smaller than that. Our 1-yr old hen weighs 12 ounces for example. She is from Ideal Poultry.
36370_millie2.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I would highly recommend the millie fleur d'uccle or modern game bantams. They are both smaller than bantam cochins - we have those too
love.gif
. But we love all bantams really!
Here is our mille fleur girl wearing a bow and running around in the kitchen (thanks to our 6 yr old).
36370_ducclebow2.jpg

36370_ducclebow.jpg

Last edited:
and here is her modern game bantam hen. She weighs around 18 ounces.
36370_stickgirl.jpg

and a 2.5 month old serama pullet.
36370_blackseramababy2.jpg

You really can't go wrong w/ any of the 3 breeds. They are all tiny, all sweet, all adorable.
love.gif

Last edited:
I have a couple of friendly cockerels to give away right now, and I might have PQ pullets in the fall. I live on the western edge of Ohio, in northern Darke County. Another breeder near me has silkieds for sale now, and she's pretty reasonable with prices.

My free boys are three months old. They are both buff, and they have defects that will keep me from showing them. Green legs for one and a folded wattle for the other. They look pretty decent otherwise, but it's hard to tell at three months how they will turn out. Parents are Avagna and Saffron on my BYC page, if you want an idea of what's behind them.

Thank you Liz !!! I love them !! Bev I'm still interested in your smooth hen.
The ride home was interesting!!! I had to pull the car over & it wasn't for the kids lol
so she rode on my lap the whole way as if she took car rides every day . I went out & checked them
when I got up & they are doing good so far , he was doing the roo dance for her. Now I'm gonna be waiting for
her eggs
smile.png

Yay! If you're looking to show them, just check out all the Ohio/Indiana shows on the SCNA site. It's not so much about showing as it is about hanging out with new and old friends, and that cockerel won't be DQ'ed for his green legs until next year. Even then, I'm not sure if the DQ applies to all Seramas or just the whites. What did you name them?

Quote:
I am at Washington Court House, OH and once we sort out the show quality birds the ones that are left we rehome for free.

My number is (740) 333-5080

Will not have anything until this fall.

That is a good deal! Even if not SQ, the genetics are there.

I am also looking to purchase some Serama's- does anyone know where I can get some of these in Ohio? I tried sending away for some but just got scammed :( My son loves them and I was hoping to get them for him to raise. Thank you! Carrie Stought
[email protected]

Back
Top Bottom