Serious advice needed now......

scbatz33

No Vacancy, Belfry Full
11 Years
Jan 23, 2009
South GA
Some of you may know about my landlord/boss situation from some of my other posts. I am having a first class dilemma right now.....

The "new employee" he hired after begging me to quit my other job and not hiring me has left out a horse that shouldn't be out. I'm wanting to go bring the horse in because he's been out all day and he is and EPM horse and well, he's not supposed to be out.

No one is home and I have no idea when soemone will be. The horse is in a round pen, so not in any real danger, but I'd bet serious money he's had no hay or water all day.

Do I go bring him in, or do I just leave it alone in a "I told you so" lesson? If I bring him in, I KNOW it won't be appreciated. But should the horse be left to suffer? He won't die, but he is being neglected..........

Very confused.

I would say go get the horse, it's not his fault he's been left out...
It's winter and you'd want someone to have pity on you if you were the horse
smile.png

Take the horse some hay, and stop taking on everyone else's resposibility. I hate to say it, but you've been stepped on enough. Give the horse hay and water and call it a day. Yeah putting him up would be right for the horse, but what's right for you? That horse won't die if you don't fix someone else's mistake. If it was in real danger I'd say put him up, but since that's not the case, I say quit being a doormat. Sorry if that sounds harsh I really DO NOT mean it to be...just hard to portray emotion with letters
wink.png

Cindiloo...I get you. I left a HUGE note on his front door. Not that it'll mean much. I guess next time I can just call animal control and they can deal with him.

I did bring him in. He was sooooooooo thirsty. Of course I would be too if I had been walking in circles since roughly 10 am. Unfortunately for this particular stallion, since he contracted EPM 5 years ago and they never properly treated him, he can not stand still. So I know he was out at about 10 am when I went to get the water trough for my horses. He amy have been out earlier than that since the "employee" told me he won't work with the stallions. Possibly the horse was put out before 9 before the owner left for work.

Of course DH says I should not have bothered. He's way more disconnected than I am at this point. I just can't leave them like that....it's not their fault.

Back
Top Bottom