Serious Help Needed ASAP

HenmomTN

Hatching
Sep 19, 2020
I have a 9 month old red sexlink chicken she will not eat but drinks a lot. She is loosing weight very rapidly and her poop was solid water no solids whatsoever in it. We thought she was egg bound so we did the warm water bath but nothing. My husband and I both felt in her vent but didn't feel an egg. Her tummy is very tight. So the next conclusion was constipation, we did the enema but nothing solid has come out and it has been 24 hours. She is still not eating at all we have tried to tempt her with her favorite treats and the people food that she likes, i.e. yogurt, eggs, oatmeal. We have given her calcium and I have been force feeding her yogurt so she doesn't starve herself to death. She stands all night won't lay down like chickens do, the only time she does relax and lay down is when I have her on the heating pad in my lap. I believe her tummy is very tender because when you pick her up she squalls. I forgot to add this has been going on for over a week now.

Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to lose her. There are no vets in our area that treat chickens, trust me I have called.

Has she been through any trauma? She's not egg bound because if she was she would be dead after 24 hours. If you have and electrolytes such as sav-a-chick or nutri-drench give her those asap.

Has she been through any trauma? She's not egg bound because if she was she would be dead after 24 hours. If you have and electrolytes such as sav-a-chick or nutri-drench give her those asap.

No trauma, she was fine one day then the next she was really lethargic and puffed feathers. We brought her in to keep her temp up and a day later she was off her feed completely. She won't eat anything but she will eat grass my husband pulls for her. I had some electrolytes so I started her on those in her water.

Back
Top Bottom