SERIOUS HELP NEEDED; DUCK EYE PECKED OUT BY CHICKEN

I actually think what he did was a pretty good idea. Turmeric powder eh.. idk for sure if I would have done that but it is supposed to have some anti-inflammatory properties to it.
I would just keep the eye clean and cover it with some Neosporin or whatever kind of antibacterial ointment you have on hand daily.
You would be surprised how well the eyes can heal up.
The main thing is just keeping it from getting infected.
Alright, thank you so much for the information!

EVERYBODY I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLIES!! My notifs were off and I figured nobody saw this thread... So sorry!

Saline wash out daily.. got it
I'll def try out Neosporin and the other picture than was included (Forgot the name, but I know what it is)
Pics coming right now

Any other pics, or are these good?

Attachments

• 15C4E6B3-2FA8-4C73-B284-6A9302FE8991.jpeg
    15C4E6B3-2FA8-4C73-B284-6A9302FE8991.jpeg
    836.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot 2021-11-24 5.00.27 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-24 5.00.27 PM.png
    519.9 KB · Views: 15
@Miss Lydia @Isaac 0 help me out please? thanks
There really isn't anything more you can do for it besides what you been doing, keeping it from getting infected while it heals over. It kind of looks like the eye may be gone.
It should heal up and just be blind on that side it should be okay.

Ouch! That can’t feel good at all! It does kinda look like the eye is gone but that shouldn’t stop her from living a normal, happy life. We had a one eyed chicken that we were given because the rooster tormented her (he was the reason she lost her eye) she did really well
FC1D8DAF-EB6F-413B-BFAA-7A8A26879AF5.jpeg

This is her on her first day at our house, you can see all the missing feathers from the rooster abuse as well as her off center comb from him tearing it half off. She lived happily with my bantams where no rooster could hurt her. Good luck with your sweet little duck!

I have a Muscovy who is blind in one eye, she does great, so once you get her over this initial injury part she should do fine. Just keep up with rinsing the eye with warm saline and applying the Terramycin eye ointment. Be sure to keep her away from any other birds until she is healed. But keep her close enough everyone can see each other.

Back
Top Bottom