Serious incontinence in dog

chicknmania

Free Ranging
17 Years
Jan 26, 2007
central Ohio
Hi we have a 14 y.o. Shepherd/ Chow cross, female. She's obviously getting up there in years, but she's been more or less incontinent most of her life. We have used Proin with pretty good success, up to this past year. Now, it doesn't seem to be helping much. A while back I tried to give her two Proin per day, one in the morning one at night. She did not handle this well, at least I assume it was the extra Proin that made her nauseous. I talked to the vet and he says there's nothing else he can do. We have tried to tie her up when she is in the house, so that she has to lie on an old blanket, rugs, or anything to try and protect our floors. She hates this. She will do everything possible to avoid lying on what we put down for her to lay on, no matter what it is. It's a power struggle! WE let her loose regularlyl so that she can go outside, wander around the house, or whatever she wants to do, and I try to take her for regular walks, but when she is sleeoing is when there's a problem, and she sleeps most of the time anymore. Has anyone found a solution for this? Is there such a thing as Depends for Dogs?
big_smile.png

I know you can get nappy type things for girlies in heat, don't know if there is one for incontinence, guess it would be the same? I hate to say it but there comes a time when you have to consider your dogs happiness ( I'm not suggesting you are not) It is a very difficult time, I hope you can sort somrthing for her X

OK, I'll check that out. I think she's happy...she gets plenty of attention...she's just stubborn and sees no reason why SHE cant lie where SHE wants to, like she always has! :D She associates the leash and blanket in the house with having her ears cleaned, i think...:)

Back
Top Bottom