Set my *FIRST* batch of eggs this AM Jan.21st. UPDATE. I've got 2.pg14

Well, I candled yesterday and, i don't know...I think i have maybe 6 good SLW, NO silkies and 1 or2 Wellies...

It was really hard to see through the Welles, so i've got my husband doing something else for me to make it easier to see. It will be done for day 10...

anyone else?

temps are still 100. 2 but my humidity was 24% this AM, so i added some water...

Melinda

I candled AGAIN last night (boy, I have a hard time keeping my hands off, lock down is going to be tough on me
gig.gif
) I saw veins and a dark spot in ALL of them,
woot.gif
The RIR was moving a ton too!!! This is so awesome and exciting!!! How am I going to make it 21 full days? This really helps with the loss of the baby that mama was sitting on, it only had 5 days left when I found it smashed
hit.gif

How bout anyone else, how are everyone's eggs looking?

Time to get my coffee and MINT bailey's going and then off to the mountains for a day in the snow for my birthday. Have a good day everyone and happy candling!!!!!

Went to Cedar Key today, turned the eggs before we left and everything was fine. When I got home the bulb had blown, AGAIN!
he.gif
The temperature was at 77 degrees. This is the second time this has happened.

smile.png
Day 8 & Everything still rocking along great!
pop.gif
KOW!
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
The Suro-20 is holding temp and humidity perfectly, the Hova-Bator doing well too. RH in the H_B fell to 30% [NO water in it] so I popped in a saturated egg carton cup I had prepared for my experiments. Went from 30% to 50% in less than 10 Minutes
ep.gif
so grabbed it back out and started experimenting in the empty bator! Will be posting results in this Topic Under "Humidity control using egg cartons". Mean time, will place dry cup in turner under tube and add 1ml at a time to keep RH where I want it next time I have to make adjustment. This is the first time I have opened the bator since I put my B-Wellies in! In and out x 2 in under 5 seconds!!
caf.gif

Madcap- have you candled yet? and ??? Did i miss your post on it? ok...i see you're doing it on Monday....

Paddock...what's going on with light bulbs? hope it doesn't keep happening. Have you tried an energy smart light bulb? They're supposed to last longer....
thumbsup.gif

specklepullet...yes, come join, the more the merrier....
wee.gif

happy b'day feathered Landings....What time is it there fro you to be adding that mnit Baileys...lol? I guess on your B'day, it doesn't matter... smiles
tongue2.gif
clap.gif

JCoogle.... have you candled yet? and....?

I'm at 100.2 and 30% today...will candle again tonight, DH made me a candler that you can sit on the table, so i have a free hand. Last time we had to hold the flashlight,piece of wood and egg. And you had to make sure it lit through the hole of the wood. We def. needed an extra pair of hands. We didn't take any pics either b/c of that! So, i hope it will all ocme together tonight...We'll see.

Melinda
yippiechickie.gif

JCoogle
Today 8:41 am I candeled mine last night that was day 9 and all 29 are developing. There are a few that I think should be on the swim team....lol

well ,congrats on 100% so far...Now were these all from your chicks or you bought them? where they shipped? great job if they were.... go chickies... go!!!

Melinda

I got them from a fellow BYC Member. He was in town so we met up. He had three dozen but I dropped a few when putting them in the bater. Then on day 3 I seen a couple that were not fertilized. The 29 is what i had left out of the 36. But still even with my big goof it is still a litte over 80%.

Back
Top Bottom