Set my very first eggs today (due March 24th) - need a hatching buddy!

Quote:
Just leave the first born in the bator. It will give it the time it needs to absorb the yolk, and have it dry up and fall off without the others picking on it. I had a chick last time tear itself open at the umbilical area and he survived. I pushed all his stuff back inside and put a bandaid over it. I didn't think he would make it, but he did.

The yolk sac is fully absorbed (nothing hanging out or bleeding, nice belly buttons) but when I press the lower belly, yellow fluid oozes out.

Baby seems to be doing better, I just checked and it's snuggled with the others finally... I had to wet the belly under running water to wipe some hardened goo off, I squeezed a bit of fluid out and I think it helped.

I don't know where I get these ideas, but they just seem like the right thing to do.

Lord help me!
hmm.png

Quote:
DITTO!! I went out just a few minutes ago and she got up to eat so i looked at
the eggs and saw and heard nothing. Go babies go PLEASE!! LOL!!

Quote:

These last days are so darn hard. This is when I second guess myself. Did I screw up the temp? Is the humidity alright? And so on.

I'll be so relieved when I see my first pip.

Day 20 and nothing... no rocks, peeps, or pips
sad.png

I know I had 6 ready to go and moving on day 18!

It's so difficult to be patient!

fl.gif

I had two pips this morning and now i just checked and there is three pips but no one is hatched yet! How long before they hatch??? Im so excited!!!!
wee.gif

Quote:

These last days are so darn hard. This is when I second guess myself. Did I screw up the temp? Is the humidity alright? And so on.

I'll be so relieved when I see my first pip.

Ditto again lol!! But I ask myself if I put the right number of eggs under her and what if she has stayed off the nest to long ect.
Why do we do this !! LOL!! I think I have a addiction to hatching eggs! LOL!!!! Or I should say trying.
None of my bator batches have been good at all so hopefully momma can do better. I had another hen that went broody and
i already ordered eggs for her. I am insane. LOL!!!

Back
Top Bottom