Set my very first eggs today (due March 24th) - need a hatching buddy!

Chick related injury.
lau.gif
Hope your tush is okay and DH's ear.
lau.gif

I thought I was hearing things the first time I heard mine peeping. But the 2nd time, I knew I wasn't hearing things.
lol.png

gig.gif
Wonder how many other people have had "chick related injuries"? Can't imagine explaining that one to the doctor Just heard peeping again, but decided to walk at a brisk pace this time to check it out(made it without falling this time).
gig.gif

Cheryl today is day 20 for me, but I am hatching banties and they normally hatch on day 19.

Last edited:
I have an egg from one of my mixed breed chickens that never goes broody and two from my uncles farm becouse the hen had twelve eggs and could'nt cover them all. They are 8 day old and won't hatch untill a couple more weeks but I never before hatched eggs and would like to have people to count on for usefull information when I need it.

Quote:
That's good.
thumbsup.gif
I have to fight my dog for a spot next to the bator. She loves watching them hatch, she lays down next to the bator and keeps an eye on them.

Kristian......welcome. Good luck with your hatch!

Thank you! I don't have an incubator so I had to make due with a bowl a heat lamp and a T-shirt to confort the egg from the hard bowl. I candeld them and two (one of the two groups) were fertile. But im worried about the humidity level ( becouse i cant measure it acuretly, the only thing it shows is very dry, dry, normal and humid.

Thank you.
Quote:
That's good.
thumbsup.gif
I have to fight my dog for a spot next to the bator. She loves watching them hatch, she lays down next to the bator and keeps an eye on them.

Kristian......welcome. Good luck with your hatch!

Quote:
Well, this is the right website
big_smile.png
There is a lot of useful info in the "incubating and hatching" section of the forum. And we'll be glad to help you out!
welcome-byc.gif
from GA...I grew up in Miramar, FL
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom