Set my very first eggs today (due March 24th) - need a hatching buddy!

Quote:
I'm so sorry sweetie
sad.png

But that one chick is going to be VERY spoiled, won't she?
hugs.gif

Rub her fuzzybutt for me!

I cleaned out and disinfected the incubator tonight because tomorrow... I start another brand-new hatch! Not for me though, LOL! I have my hands full for a while... One of my friends asked me to hatch 3 dozen eggs from his girls as he's been having bad luck with his hatches, this way we get to test if it's his incubator OR his hen's eggs.

After that though, I think I'll need a break!
th.gif

We've got 6 fuzzy butts! Praying for 1 more. No pip yet but... I just have a feeling. Students got to see 3 hatch and my own babies got to see 1. What a day! I need a nap. Congrats on all the beautiful babies! Thank you all so much for all the help and support. Maybe next year, my class will hatch another batch but for now,... I need a break! Again, BIG THANKS for all the help and support!

Last one is out, Im not sure what is wrong but its bottom end doesnt look right. Its bleeding a little. It did absorb the yolk thou. Im hoping it will be fine.

Conratulations everyone...I waited until now to post because I'm into Day 21 and had nothing but the husband heard peeping from an egg around lunchtime and this evening an egg pipped!
I am so relieved...
We had a great first 18 days but have been struggling to keep the temperature up during lockdown so we were worried we had lost the hatch...

I had 7 to hatch, 3 Black Orps, 2 Splash Orps and 2 split black lav Orps. I have bout 10 more eggs in the bator that some have been rocking, but no pips. I started day 23 today. I have 3 BCM eggs in there that havent done nothing. This will be the second batch of BCM's that I didnt hatch. Do I intervene?? The one egg I know is rocking. I dont want to wait till its too late but could it be that BCM's are harder to hatch? All the Orps did with the exception of a few I was iffy about anyway. Any advice??

Back
Top Bottom