Set my very first eggs today (due March 24th) - need a hatching buddy!

Oh I did the biggest NO NO. 5 eggs hatched into beautiful little chicks except one egg. no pip, zip nothing. So I quickly carefully candled the egg and saw movement, back in the bator in the same position not even a drop in humidity

I know I know, if it dies..my fault
sad.png

Last edited:
Cheryl......good luck!

I woke up to find 5 Orps now in my bator. (1 blue, 4 splash) One other Orp egg was pipped, but the little buggers somehow managed to knock it out of the egg carton. So now it's cracked and I don't know if it's okay or not. I'd open it to find out, but I have a silver penciled rock zipping right now.

I now have 4 silver penciled rocks. (5 when the one zipping comes out)

3 eggs left, the 1 cracked Orp and 2 Rocks.

Woohoo chooks! Probably cracked egg is just shocked and will get back to hatching soon. I need white rock eggs for end of April. Where did u get yours??

Ok I feel really left out
hit.gif
Mine have still not hatched and they were due yesterday!!!
Checked on them this mornin and still nothing!!!!
he.gif

Does anyone no if they take longer under momma than with the bator?

Cheryl.....I don't know anyone that has white rocks. I know hinkjc has white Orps.

Jen....I have heard sometimes of delayed hatches under a broody. I've never hatched under a broody though.
fl.gif
for you.

That is what I am hopeing!!! I thought I might have heard chirping
but everyone else was so noisy I couldn't really tell.

I have 7 chicks and 3 more that are trying to hatch. One has pipped on the wrong end of the egg, but I will wait to see what will happens.

Thanks everyone for the help with my questions
wink.png

This has been absolutely amazing!

All my babies hatched Sunday. I only had four in the bator this time. I just got my Genesis 1588 yesterday and have a dozen in it now. I have a freind who is bringing me about a dozen Barred Rocks on Wed to hatch so I will have two dozen in the bator. The first batch I collected earlier this week so they are about 6 days old but Ive been told you can keep them up to a week so hopefully I'll get most of them to hatch. Then Im putting up the bator for a while. Im so eggscited!! Congrats on everyone who's got new fuzzies! I love the pictures!!

Rammy

Back
Top Bottom