Crowing
8 Years
Aug 14, 2011
louisiana
ok i finialy got my eggs in
ya.gif
and will be setting them tomorrow
woot.gif
however i am worried about viabilty of them since it took long for the post office to get them here some will be 10-11 days old when i put them in
sad.png
hopfully i have a good hatch though
fl.gif
anyone with me?

Last edited:
Fingers crossed for you! I have another batch staggered by 6 days. I will switch the one group to their own Bator when it gets close to lockdown time. I candled 20 that I just put in Friday evening and 18 are already showing development. My paint silkie eggs are down to 7 out of 12 with 1 or 2 more I'm about to toss. The paints are on day 9. Just locked down 33 others!
wee.gif

eggs are in!!!cant wait till sat to candle them for development and that makes me so nervous since some are10-11 days old grrrr hate post office still

hdowden, glad you finally got your eggs!! (I remember seeing your post about it somewhere else) These are your firsts, right? Mine too, if so. Lawd, the waiting is killing me and I just put them in Saturday. I keep hoping for a turbo-hatch, just one little chick please...
lol.png

yep my first ever i feel bad for the dcm i had as a tester though. i accidently cracked and had to toss it and it was developing. i'm hoping all the eggs are still viable after this long wait for the warmth of my bator, not holding my breath though
tongue.png

ok well lets see...yesterday 10/26 i had temp problems from my 3 year old messing with the incubator but its all good. i was going to wait till tomorrow to candle but couldnt resist the urge. out of the 18 d'uccle eggs i got 4 appear to be duds and 1 looks like a blood ring which leaves me with 13 eggs that all have dtron moving chick embryos in them. this is the first time to incubate and candling is so cool when you can see the baby growing to bad they didnt have a built in candler to the incubator so you didnt have to touch the eggs

10/28 ~ will be day 10!!!!!

can i please have some hatching vibes!!! its day 10 and some of my eggs appear to have adnormal air cells, some say it could be the membrain has detached from the egg giving it that apperance but i am sooooo nevous about my babies

it looks like i have 2 more quiters
hit.gif
but none are getting tossed unless they start to stink. have read that some who thought they had blood rings and quiters actually hatched. if they are quiters that leaves me with 10 d'uccle eggs and my 3 marans

Back
Top Bottom