Setting 41 on 6-15, 7-8, 7-31, and 8-23 feel free to join in at any time

Ahh found your hatch a long thread. I really want to see how this lot turn out. You project is interesting.

Did you find my project thread? This one isn't that long, at least not compared to the She said/He said thread...;-]

As the OP, I am not doing a good job on this thread...my intent wasn't to talk too much about the project here but just the sets, then Amy and SCFlock started their thread. Ruby is in that thread too. I don't want to duplicate post, so stuff is getting spread around more than I wish...

But honestly, Amy and SCFlock's thread is way more awesome for what my settings might produce, so I may just leave this thread.

Last edited:
Did you find my project thread? This one isn't that long, at least not compared to the She said/He said thread...;-]

As the OP, I am not doing a good job on this thread...my intent wasn't to talk too much about the project here but just the sets, then Amy and SCFlock started their thread. Ruby is in that thread too. I don't want to duplicate post, so stuff is getting spread around more than I wish...

But honestly, Amy and SCFlock's thread is way more awesome for what my settings might produce, so I may just leave this thread.

I came from he said she said first. Found the link to your project then found this 1 last. I am mostly interested in how you go on this hatch because of all the problems you had in your last couple. Btw are the 3 stooges still alive?

Wow, love the project thread! Just started reading it. Very interesting!
smile.png

Thanks.

I came from he said she said first. Found the link to your project then found this 1 last. I am mostly interested in how you go on this hatch because of all the problems you had in your last couple. Btw are the 3 stooges still alive?

Yeah, I will post updates on my Styrofoam versus Brinsea hatches here. Today is actually Day 11 in the Styrobator, so I shoulda weighed and candled yesterday...guess I will try to do that later today. Its Day 2 in the Brinsea.

Can I join?? I have duck amd chicken eggs due on the 5th!!

Welcome!! Please keep us informed, and with lots of pics too!!

Day 11 Update: Culled 1 more clear (making 4 so far, which is a great fertility rate for my 1 rooster and 21 hens), found 2 red rings, both of which I suspected on Day 7. I have 6 that I still question, 3 of them the shell is so dark its making it hard to see inside. I found 2 that I had set upside-down...lolz, both ends look so much alike its weird.

Ideal average egg weight at this point should be 6.81% on this day...my average is 7.62% because I was letting the humidity run @27%...I put a bit more water in a couple of days ago so its helped, but I need the average weight to slow down a bit more. I am @55% today...but I have to wait till this afternoon to see where it settles out. All-in-all, I'm happy. The temperatures have become steadier with it in the ground floor cooler rooms.

I hope you are all having success with your hatches...

Day 11 Update: Culled 1 more clear (making 4 so far, which is a great fertility rate for my 1 rooster and 21 hens), found 2 red rings, both of which I suspected on Day 7. I have 6 that I still question, 3 of them the shell is so dark its making it hard to see inside. I found 2 that I had set upside-down...lolz, both ends look so much alike its weird.

Ideal average egg weight at this point should be 6.81% on this day...my average is 7.62% because I was letting the humidity run @27%...I put a bit more water in a couple of days ago so its helped, but I need the average weight to slow down a bit more. I am @55% today...but I have to wait till this afternoon to see where it settles out. All-in-all, I'm happy. The temperatures have become steadier with it in the ground floor cooler rooms.

I hope you are all having success with your hatches...

I have the first egg collected, now I need to see if she's laying daily or wvery 2 days

I have the first egg collected, now I need to see if she's laying daily or wvery 2 days

Have you checked yet for fertility? Do you know whether your Roo is performing?? If not, crack that first one and check for the red circle...no point setting a bunch of infertile eggs. My first hatch I had 9 outta 41 infertile, its been getting better, but he's still just one Roo with 21 hens...;-]

So I cleared 7 clears out of my 20 some eggs. But these eggs were 3 weeks old and everyone else is still going. My batch before I set 60 and found one clear and then had a problem with the bator and had about thirty hatch.

Back
Top Bottom