Setting eggs 11-13 anyone else

Bhep the chicks are cute. Sorry about the late hatchers.
hugs.gif

Started with 8 Frizzle Cochin eggs and 4 silkie test eggs.
The 4 Silkie eggs: 3 dind't develop and one had veins but nothing else at 14 days.
Two Frizzle Cochin didn't make the trip through the PO.
6 left one clear at 14 days. 5 left.

Lockdown this morning. 3 completely filled. one still has yolk to absorb,but the last hatch eggs that looked that that one did great. last one looks to have quit early on.

Hoping that I will get four to hatch
fl.gif

How is everyone else doing?

Carolyn

Lock down for me 9am tomorrow morning. The temps were a little high so I won't be suprised by a few early hatchers! A few I looked at yesterday had visible yokes, some weren't visible at all. SOOOOOO excited!!!!!!

Went into lockdown last-night .... 13 were clear so have 27 silkie eggs
Is it normal to have that many clear on shipped eggs? (just wondering) this is first time with shipped eggs.

fl.gif
all the rest hatch and are ok
good luck everyone

BHep adorable babies sorry about the late hatches
hugs.gif

Quote:
You will be fine. I was so very nervious for my first hatch last month and the second is this one and I feel like a pro.

to upload pictures read this first: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=504

Once
you get your pictures ready and uploaded, click the up load button and down at the bottom click on My uploads. choose the picture you want in the post and copy the info in thumb or image and paste it in the post. It will show up and print and the picture will show up when you post. this took me a bit to figure out.

Carolyn

Quote:
From what I have read and experience with my first hatch. 50% is a great hatch with shipped eggs. Most hatches are lower. It depends a lot on the handling the eggs recieve at the hands of the post office. I have seen pictures posted of boxes that look like the have kicked around and squashed even marked fragile and eggs. Even if your box arrives in perfect shap doesn't mean that it didn't get knocked around.

Quote:
You will be fine. I was so very nervious for my first hatch last month and the second is this one and I feel like a pro.

to upload pictures read this first: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=504

Once
you get your pictures ready and uploaded, click the up load button and down at the bottom click on My uploads. choose the picture you want in the post and copy the info in thumb or image and paste it in the post. It will show up and print and the picture will show up when you post. this took me a bit to figure out.

Carolyn

Thanks Carolyn for your help. I believe I got it figured out.
smile.png

I started candling my eggs today due to the fact my thermostat went wonky on and spiked really high the other night when I was sleeping. So far I see veins and even a tiny beating heart. So far 5 out of 6 are still good. Hope they remain that way.

72984_dscn1015.jpg

great picture. I can never seem to see the viens that well in the eggs I have set. They are brown,but not reaaly that dark.

Sorry I have been really silent guys things around here haven't been great. A lot of things has happened since my last post. mainly bad luck in general coupled with a death in the family. out of the 20 I had 10 to make it to lock down and got my first pip 20 min ago ans second just now.they seem a little early but i'm amazed i have some trying to hatch at all considering my bator got unplugged 2-3 days ago for about 8-10 hrs and the eggs were at 57 F when I found them (stupid dog). I hope all goes well and 2 my early birds zip properly and the other 8 don't give up.

Back
Top Bottom