Setting Eggs 12/28 - Hatching Buddies? Hatch-Along

DraigAthar

Songster
10 Years
Jan 1, 2011
Plainfield, NH
Well, I'm starting way earlier than I intended with my hatches this winter! I was going to wait until March, but I have one hen in particular who has NEVER let a roo on her before, and all of a sudden she decided one of our newer roos was acceptable and she has fertile eggs, haha! She also tends to go broody at the drop of a hat, so I figured I'd better collect some of her eggs and set them, before I lose the chance. I'm planning to set eggs this Friday evening, 12/28/12, which would give me a hatch date of 1/19/13. Anyone want to hatch-along? I've moved my entire spring hatch schedule up a bit to accommodate my one silly hen, that's how much of a crazy chicken lady I have become. ;)

Come join in, tell us what you're hatching! How many eggs, what breed(s), what incubator, whatever you want!

I'm waiting for 24 eggs for this Friday or Saturday maybe we will set at same date. Who knows?
idunno.gif
big_smile.png

Ooh, that sounds like a nice mix! I'll be setting a few Dominiques, Dominique/Australorp crosses, and a weird cross between a salmon faverolle and a mystery silkie cross. Ought to be interesting. :)
Thanks. I don't know too much of chickens but I'm reading all over this forum. A lot of info here, I like chickens and old trucks.

Im a little earlier than you but set some Dec 24
. Doesnt seem anyone was so dumb as to order to come on Dec 24 like me...!!! Im on a few hatch threads but doesnt seem like many are set around the day i did .
It is exciting to hatch when someone else is too.
Hope its ok to join.
frow.gif

Lavender Orps and White Orps.due Jan 14th.
Genesis incubator

Set same day as arrived as they had been on the road about 4 or 5 days. Let set out room temp 12 hours then in bator 12 hours then layed a few down rest are still in the carton sitting Doing a trial on a few of my hatches on up and down incubating see which i like best
.Been hearing to not turn for a week so i am doing that too
.Supposed to get a little better hatch and i am for anything for a better hatch of shipped eggs...

I should be setting this weekend. I will be setting lav orps, marans, and cochins that I purchased and a few of my own that are seramas, silkie cross, faverolles and cochin cross in a genesis and brinsea mini.

I should be setting this weekend. I will be setting lav orps, marans, and cochins that I purchased and a few of my own that are seramas, silkie cross, faverolles and cochin cross in a genesis and brinsea mini.
I have lav orps in too. Seramas are so cute.One day i will hatch some .Heard they are hard to hatch though How well do you do with your own?.

Back
Top Bottom