Setting Eggs 12/28 - Hatching Buddies? Hatch-Along

Im a little earlier than you but set some Dec 24
. Doesnt seem anyone was so dumb as to order to come on Dec 24 like me...!!! Im on a few hatch threads but doesnt seem like many are set around the day i did .
It is exciting to hatch when someone else is too.
Hope its ok to join.
frow.gif

Lavender Orps and White Orps.due Jan 14th.
Genesis incubator

Set same day as arrived as they had been on the road about 4 or 5 days. Let set out room temp 12 hours then in bator 12 hours then layed a few down rest are still in the carton sitting Doing a trial on a few of my hatches on up and down incubating see which i like best
.Been hearing to not turn for a week so i am doing that too
.Supposed to get a little better hatch and i am for anything for a better hatch of shipped eggs...
Heck yes it's okay to join! You'll be the one who gets me all excited about my own hatch. Yours will hatch about the time mine are going into lockdown, and you'll be posting pics of cute little balls of fluff while I am impatiently waiting for mine to hatch, haha!

You'll have to let us know how your experiments turn out. I have never set shipped eggs, I've only just hatched eggs laid by my own girls. Hatching shipped eggs must be disappointing at times!

Good luck!

I havent hatched any eggs before...this is my first go around so ill let you know how it goes. I got a genesis for christmas and got my daughter a bnd brinsea mini. I love my feathered legs...as my family and friends say I cant have just ordinary chickens. :eek:) I do have a few standard RIR and a few polish for kicks. my serama girl lays like crazy for winter and so are my silkie and cochins.

I set 7 in the brinsea mini last night :0) waiting for another shipment of eggs hopefully today then ill set the rest in the genesis :0)
Yay! I'll be setting this evening, just giving the girls one more chance to lay during the day today. I have 13 eggs so far, because I've only got three hens laying right now, heh! I'm using the Brinsea Octagon 20A for this hatch. Here's a pic from one of my previous hatches, I won't have this many eggs to set tonight I'm sure. :)

I set more this evening. I didnt get my others in yet but I guess I'll add them later. I left room. I opted for the brinsea that you have too. I read good reviews. Now i need a bigger brooder lol so thats the next thing.:celebrate

I will be setting either tomorrow night or Sunday morning so I will hopefully have some chicks! I'm waiting on another package to arrive. I will be setting Black Copper Marans, BBS Marans, Cuckoo Marans, Lavender Orps, Lemon cuckoo Orps, White Leghorns, Olive Eggers, and SBELs.

Should be an interesting mix of chickies! This is my first hatch using an incubator. Good luck everyone!

Oh you sound like me. I have variety marans on the way and lav orps. I want olive eggers too. I just set cochin bantams that i bought and some of my own mixtures...i cant wait to see them hopefully hatch. :jumpy

Im actually kind of up in the air on the marans that i won on ebay....i thought i was bidding on a different auction but the eggs werent as dark in the pics as i had hoped....so i may choose a few of the darkest and set those.

Back
Top Bottom