Setting eggs july 13 anyone else setting today, I need a buddy

fl.gif
Good luck everybody

I am just curious I am just following eveyone lead on this but if I set the eggs 8 am on the 13th isn't my lock down the 29th 8 am. I am just wondering this is my first time? Also I have a turner in there so I take that out and lay them on there side? Then open the red plugs on top of the bator? Oh now I am nervous I think I had a brain freeze. lol

Quote:
Whenever you go into lockdown, take out the turner, lay the eggs on their side. You might want to put something down like papertowels, will be be an easier clean up and frankly, I wouldn't want my first experience of this world to be with my little toes sticking through a hard wire bottom (if that's what you have in your incubator).

You shouldn't open the vents on your bator unless you need to. Such as the temp rises. Keeping the vents closed will keep your humidity up (you want it around 70%).

We get so jacked up when the poor chick has way more work to do than we do during this time.
wink.png

Good luck!

Well I just candled my eggs today July 28th and out of the original 9 I have 5 good ones. I had to remove four of them, 1 quitter, and 3 with no development at all. The two eggs I put in from my hen were not fertilized. Soooo I have 5 babies growing and looking pretty good. Today should be day 15 for me. I will put mine in lockdown this weekend, most likely Saturday evening.
fl.gif
The worst part about this is that I just lost 1 hen and 1 pullet to I am guessing a fox. It seems like everytime I try to grow my flock a lovely predator takes more
somad.gif
rant.gif

Good luck everyone
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Thanks Reike I hope all goes good I like the paper towel idea. I hope we all get a good hatch. If it goes good I will post some pics.
Chad

Ok since our eggs are going into lockdown tonight I got a baker's dozen of fertilized eggs for the next batch. We got 3 silkie, 3 orp, 7 Deleware. well I took 2 of the deleware eggs and put them in the coop and put one of my hens near them, and OMG!!!!!! she is sitting on them. I am so excited about this. She is just to age of laying and I think I got her to sit on the eggs and she took to them as if they were her's. way to excited........
woot.gif
woot.gif
wee.gif

You started yours 1 day later then me. and you have 5 days to lock down. I am confused I thought someone said tonight.
idunno.gif

Chad

Edited to say: I got it figured out I think, I started july 13 and go into lock down saturday.
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom