Setting eggs july 13 anyone else setting today, I need a buddy

set about 24 eggs on the 13th.

I candled them, had 1 cracked not viable, 1 clear, 2 questionable, and 20 that looked real good.

Most are cochin, silkie, and a few mix that I have no idea what they are, the lady threw them in for fun. So I am excited to see how these go,
tongue.png
wink.png
big_smile.png

Just wondering how everyone is doing. I think I have a few to toss there is no sign of a chick in them?
Chad

I have 3 Marans eggs that I just can't see enough to tell as I am very new to this. #3 SF eggs that i'm worried about because they all looked great with moving embryo's and all but yesterday I couldn't see any movement in two. Was wondering if they sometimes just take a break from moving or if they are just dead. I aslo have 7 Porcelin D'Uncle's and 1 smelled really bad almost as soon as I started so I threw that one way. I threw two more away with clearly blood rings. 1 has moving embryo and the last 3 don't look good but I just can't seem to throw them away yet. Kinda bummed about this hatch but they were shipped eggs. I'm gonna see if I can find some locally after this is over.

Sigh................
I started with a little over 2 dozen eggs and now I am down to about a dozen left....... I know that is how it goes. I think that maybe i stunted them because I did not open very much to turn and that when the others where hatching.

But I do have some pretty active babies int the eggs that i candled. so I do know that some are ok.

my very first time hatching I started with 18 eggs and 6 hatched and 3 of those passed. I also had 2 die in egg. the rest where no hitters:( But I do have 3 happy little chicks in a make - shift brooder since my momma hen wanted nothing to do with them lol. I believe I have a cuckoo maran baby and to RIR babies.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO......... with this set of eggs I have going I am hopefully for a better hatch result. These babies are showgirl silkies with a mix of cochin and buff whites.

When I candle them they are so cute and playful. Makes me wonder if it is because i talk to them ALL the time. my three that I have brooding are the most loveable they play with my 1 yr old through the cage i have them in it is so cute!

How is everyone else doing???????
hide.gif

I candled a week ago on day 7 and I had 11 out of 18, possibly a couple more but also might have a blood ring or two. I ordered a dozen eggs from the breeder and the other 6 were extras so I would be absolutely thrilled to get 11. Hopefully they will all still be developing when I check them again at lockdown. It's taking everything I have not to candle again sooner but I'm pretty good about holding out
smile.png

Hope everyone else is doing good with their babies as well!

Sounds awesome... I am going to candle again on thursday 7/28 then go into lockdown....................... fingers are crossed because I have 12 good eggs and 4 that i am questioning. So needless to say I have a little excitement to go with about a week to go hopefully.

my update: eleven still in play, cannot be sure of four because of dark shells.

I will perform last candling tomorrow night and lock down over weekend. (in step with Pookie_Momma)
It is hard not to check / handle too often but I have gotten better too. (keep holding out jettgirl24)

Chad (builderone) what is your status? Are you ready to lockdown this weekend?

sounds like some of us are doing well.. yeah!
hope those that haven't updated are doing okay.

Scott (Bugg)

I am ready for lock down for sure Scott, I am ready to see the chicks out of the egg. lol Did my last candling today I have 12 eggs left that look good some are even moving in there.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
That was cool to see. I hope we all do good.
Chad

Soooooooooooooo excited going into lockdown late tonight. will rotate / turn at 11 pm and then into lockdown they go.......

I am hoping like crazy that they are all ok. I candled again yesterday and my questionable ones were now doing a jig and a couple of my good ones were still and became questionable. Go figure lol.

stressed about this hatched because temp and humidity did falter during this incubation
he.gif
, as well as not getting turned as much with the last lockdown (teaches me not to start a new batch till one is done. sigh i guess it just shows how new i am LOL.
lau.gif

anyway all you guys have been a great help with my silly questions which probablly are not silly to you because you guys have been there already.

Fingers are crossed with hope and anticipation......
fl.gif
fl.gif
........... Please dear chicken God let my baby silkies hatch!
bow.gif

Anyone else in lock down tonight????????

best of luck
Karen

Back
Top Bottom