Setting eggs June 3rd. Need hatching buddies! Lets have some fun!

Do you think the un-hatched egg will be ok if I get the humidity up? I sprayed them with warm water, one reason I took the 3 chicks out. I have also put a little more on the sponges useing a straw through the vent hole. I am so hoping the rest did not shrink wrap?
bow.gif

Did you candle? Were they all living recently? Hopefully they are just late hatchers! Maybe the temp was lower than you thought...i have one thermometer that might be reading high in error by a couple of degrees. I have ruled just about everything else out.
I candled on day 11 or 12, and did not get time to candle before lock down. They were all good then! I had 4 thermometers in while setting my bator up. Of course they all read different by a degree or two, so I took a happy medium. I had placed them all in the exact same spot to check their difference and moved them around too. The digital and one regular has been side by side throughout. The digital reads humidity too, but not tenths of a degree. The mercury one has read 99.5 to 100, as the digital reads 99 to 100.

I candled on day 11 or 12, and did not get time to candle before lock down. They were all good then! I had 4 thermometers in while setting my bator up. Of course they all read different by a degree or two, so I took a happy medium. I had placed them all in the exact same spot to check their difference and moved them around too. The digital and one regular has been side by side throughout. The digital reads humidity too, but not tenths of a degree. The mercury one has read 99.5 to 100, as the digital reads 99 to 100.
it sounds like you did everything perfect. i hope they hatch!!!! strange.

Woke up this morning to this:

12 hours after I first noticed them pipping! :D two of them have successfully hatched, and I noticed one other egg has a pip on it. However, these other two keep rolling the eggs around the incubator... will this be ok? They keep standing up, moving around for like 20 seconds, then laying down for a while, then doing it all over again. Funny to watch!

One of the hatched eggs had all dried blood in it, but both the chicks seem to be fine, so I dunno what happened there.

Keep an eye on that little one trying to come out of the skinny end. The air.cell isn't on that side and I've read that they can die trying to hatch. That happened to one of mine and I ended up "helping" a bit.

I think it hatched out properly... :3 I've totally lost track of which one's which. Haha, I'll open up the little gap with the pipped on, just so it can have a bit more air :)

Woke up this morning to this:

12 hours after I first noticed them pipping! :D two of them have successfully hatched, and I noticed one other egg has a pip on it. However, these other two keep rolling the eggs around the incubator... will this be ok? They keep standing up, moving around for like 20 seconds, then laying down for a while, then doing it all over again. Funny to watch!

One of the hatched eggs had all dried blood in it, but both the chicks seem to be fine, so I dunno what happened there.

I think it hatched out properly... :3 I've totally lost track of which one's which. Haha, I'll open up the little gap with the pipped on, just so it can have a bit more air :)
oh so cute!!!! thanks for posting the pictures. i want mine to hatch :)

Back
Top Bottom