Setting Eggs Sept. 24th-Oct. 4th-Last Hatch of the Year. Anyone care to join me?

I talk to my eggs, I swear I imprint them chicks on me before they hatch. All of my chickens run straight to me if they see me outside.
D.gif
Mine run straight to me too, but I've trained them with food! I bring them a treat every time I go outside.

They shrink wrap because after they externally pip, the air in the incubator has direct contact with the inside of the egg. If there is not enough humidity to keep that membrane moist then it starts to dry out and molds to the chick. If it covers the nostrils the chick can suffocate. That's why it is so important to keep the humidity up during lockdown. As long as you went into lockdown before the first pip (which you did) you should be fine.

Yes this is correct...as long as the humidity is up for when they break through the egg at first pip then you are fine...the danger is once your eggs start to pip then you should never open the bator as the cold dry air outside the bator will suck the moisture out and shrink wrap will happen...your eggs will be fine...just give them at least a day from first pip before you even start to worry...

Well I have another two out but I lost one from before...not the one that I helped but one that hatched just before I got home...its head looked too big and it never stood up or opened its eyes...I knew there was something wrong and it was for the best...

So now I have 8 with two eggs left with pips...

nothing still..from my first pipped egg that happened last night. Not long from now it will be 24 hours. There is movement, but no further progress on the hatch. I'm going to leave it alone (already promised myself I would not assist any hatches because I feel it is the wrong thing to do; personal opinion). Sooo I'm just praying the little one makes it out of there. Nothing so far from the other 7 eggs.

Ok all you addicted hatchers here ....If you have new eggs to set or just set some come on over to the new hatch along....it is "Hatch along with us Oct 12 to Oct 20
.. So ya'll come on Down join us!Were gonna have a peepin good hatch!

I had an egg rolling around and chirping today and now all is quite.   When do you know if they are in trouble?   I am so worried that I locked-down late and they didn't have enough humidity.   One pipped earlier today but that is all there is.   It has been very quite for awhile now.

I think there may be two pips but the brown egg is so small and it has been that way all day.
The white egg was moving chirping and pipped but it's been so quite that I am getting nervous.   I need to just sit on my hands but if I should be doing something & this little one dies I will feel really bad. If I open the bator and ruin all the eggs I will also feel bad---I can't win.
Any thoughts?????

It takes time for them to hatch and it is really tiring for them They willl hatch as soon as they rest.They sort of work then sleep then work.It often takes 12 hours to hatch.Can even be more.

when do they start rollin I wanna see some action cant hear anything in there. I said hello anybody in there no answer:barnie

You should get some action tomorrow some time.I often but not every time had a few pips start about afternoon of day 20.I didnt always see rocking or rollin either or heard an inner chirp so dont worry.Some hatch silently!!You look nothing then look15 minutes later see 2 pips .It is really exciting...and so addicting!GOOD KLUCK!!and post pics

Last edited:
Got 3 eggs moving not suppose to hatch till 17th no peeps yet and no sleep tonight gotta watch humidity its at 63 is that good?:idunno

Deb i would get it to 65.minimum
I run mine 65 to 70 .I try to keep it at 70 Its even been up to 75 with no ill effects but i like 70...right in the middle.

Back
Top Bottom