Setting Eggs Sept. 24th-Oct. 4th-Last Hatch of the Year. Anyone care to join me?

Oh come on! You know you want to!
You're funny; however, I was looking at White Ameraucanas
droolin.gif

Well i just bought some Palomino Brahma eggs from someone a few hours from me.

Gonna go pick them up
My very first "LOCAL" none shipped eggs. I only bought 5 so hope they(2 anyway) hatch as well as local eggs seem to for everyone.
I am really excited about this
So 5 MORE eggs to be set late this week i think. AND THEN...fOR REAL...... i gotta quit setting eggs!!

Well i just bought some Palomino Brahma eggs from someone a few hours from me. Gonna go pick them up My very first "LOCAL" none shipped eggs. I only bought 5 so hope they(2 anyway) hatch as well as local eggs seem to for everyone. I am really excited about this So 5 MORE eggs to be set late this week i think. AND THEN...fOR REAL...... i gotta quit setting eggs!!
Shall we make a bet on this?
lau.gif

It's been over 24 hours since that first pip, and I'm starting to see the little stinker make some progress now. :) He/she flipped open the pip (it wasn't flaked off before, just sort of vaulted and cracked open)...sooo there's proof for those of you who are worried about your chicks - sometimes it DOES take over 24 hours after pipping and they're still okay. :) I think it's been about 25 hours for this one and everything is looking okay...just flipped the flake off the pip and appears to be working his/her way around the inside.

[Edit] 1 more pip I didn't see before (don't know when it was made).

[Edit] 1:10 am - chick #1 is out of the egg and doing fine as far as I know. Slimy little thing looks like he/she has been playing in a booger pond all day, but very cute at the same time. Took 26 hours from pip to hatch.

There are 2 pipped eggs now (the one I mentioned prior and then another one I just noticed). They look like the first chick's pips - not really holes but vaulted cracks (still pips all the same).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom