Setting Eggs Sept. 24th-Oct. 4th-Last Hatch of the Year. Anyone care to join me?

What we need now is for someone to share their expert knowledge on how to tell the sex of these new babies. Lol

I am wondering if the changing weather has anything to do with it. Here in Florida the humidity is not as bad as it normally is and I know I had to up the humidity a little this time around. The humidity that you ran at sounds perfect. What did you up it to at lockdown?

Lockdown was at 65-75%. I just don't know what I did wrong so I'm scared to try again now
hit.gif

What we need now is for someone to share their expert knowledge on how to tell the sex of these new babies. Lol

Wings....! I am NO expert by any means but I have had great success telling who is who when they are between 1-3 days old...spread their little wings and and if you see two rows...a long row and a short row then it's a girl...two rows all the same length...it's a boy...

Oh My! I came home from church and heard chirping coming from my bator! Looked and saw that one had pipped a hole in her egg! Later I noticed another egg rocking and a pip and in like 30-40 minutes from the time it rocked, it was out! I have hatched my very first chick ever and I'm so excited! It's been a few hours and so far nothing from the one with a hole in it or the other 2! Send me some good and happy thoughts that they are all going to be ok and hatch. I can't figure out how to upload pictures!!!!, everyone has been so nice and helpful on this thread. Thanks!

Oh My! I came home from church and heard chirping coming from my bator! Looked and saw that one had pipped a hole in her egg! Later I noticed another egg rocking and a pip and in like 30-40 minutes from the time it rocked, it was out! I have hatched my very first chick ever and I'm so excited! It's been a few hours and so far nothing from the one with a hole in it or the other 2! Send me some good and happy thoughts that they are all going to be ok and hatch. I can't figure out how to upload pictures!!!!, everyone has been so nice and helpful on this thread. Thanks!
Congrats!

retmps
WHOOWEE...its this hatching that is the most stressful....and the thing that keeps us all hatching...SO EXCITING to see your new LIVE babies out ...Dont worry about the other eggs. It often takes a LONG time to go from pip to hatch..
GOOD LUCK!.

I thought I would post some pictures of my chicks that are 5 1/2 weeks old now. Hope you don't mind. I'm not asking for which looks like a boy or a girl but I have to say that there seems to be some larger bumpy combs on some of these babies. Only time will tell...

LAVENDER

BUFF

PARTRIDGE

B/S

BLACK

PORCELAIN

Wish I could have got a better full body picture of the Lavender but it was squawking like stuck pig and wouldn't hold still long enough.

Back
Top Bottom