Setting Eggs Sunday April 29th - Hatch-a-long with me!

Part 1 of my hatch finished last night. My d'Anvers hatched! 6 made it to lockdown and ALL of them hatched!!! I have silver quail and blue silver quail :)

My bantam BRs go into lockdown on Tuesday, and the rest go into lockdown on Thursday!

Better pics to come, but here are some for now

Part 1 of my hatch finished last night. My d'Anvers hatched! 6 made it to lockdown and ALL of them hatched!!! I have silver quail and blue silver quail :) My bantam BRs go into lockdown on Tuesday, and the rest go into lockdown on Thursday! Better pics to come, but here are some for now
Awww! They are so cute and tiny!

My day 14 candling. I had to cull another 5 :(. 4 of which were my special polish... looked like they quit early, one was really well developed too. Thursday lock-down can't come sooner! I still don't know what stage the duck eggs are at... my guess is about 12-14 days.

Candled last night and didn't remove any! I can't see into my OE eggs...so who knows what's going on in there!

I'm at:
4 BBR due Friday
7 Serama
6 MFC
5 OE
5 Wellies
5 RIR
5 Cuckoo AMs

Also, better baby pics of my d'Anvers! I have 2 blue silver quail and 4 silver quail :)

Last edited:
Locked down today. Not quite sure what to do with humidity, got way too high last time and chicks drowned. I am doing the dry hatch method this time with a staggered hatch. We will see what happens!

Locked down today. Not quite sure what to do with humidity, got way too high last time and chicks drowned. I am doing the dry hatch method this time with a staggered hatch. We will see what happens!

I don't put any water in my incubator until I lock it down. Then I fill a sandwich sized tupper ware dish about half full of water. I try to get my humidity to about mid 60's. The RH will spike when the chicks start to hatch, so the last few I usually have to help because their membranes get rubbery.
thumbsup.gif

Getting ready to go get my eggs ready for lock down. I was successful at getting the humidity lower and the eggs air cells are perfect. I'm about to put the anti fog on the glass and set up my webcam.

celebrate.gif
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom