Setting Eggs Sunday April 29th - Hatch-a-long with me!

Still waiting on number 1 to hatch. It zipped three quarters of the way and ended up glueing itself to the egg carton it was hatching in. Worked it out if the carton and then it got glued to the shell. Put a damp paper towel on the sticky parts and I think I have it all unglued now. I will be glad when this little one makes an appearance! Have one more pip and one more that started to zip a while ago but stopped.

I have 2 more serama and 1 more AM. Waiting on my first Welsummer and cochin to make their appearances but it isn't even day 21 yet!

I have two out. The first took quite a bit of work and it seems very weak right now. Hopefully it will rest and get stronger. I have one more visible pip at the moment.

It is day 21 for me. My first pip has made progress but still not zipping. I've got about 6-7 others pipped. So far they are really taking their sweet time. This is the first time EVER that I didn't get at least one chick on day 20. My wife is being as impatient as I am. She's ready to get some fluffy butts too.
pop.gif

Guess there should be lots of pics uploaded today.

Woke up to find an OE, Salmon Fav, and 2 more cochins had hatched. Waiting for my Welsummers and RIRs who were in large eggs :D

I've got everything pipping here on day 21, 6 are out and getting fluffy, I have some great colouration on my Olive-Eggers (one is Lavender with feathered legs!) One dark buff silkie, more to come. Marans are taking thier sweet sweet time! I'll take more pictures later!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom