Setting eggs the week of May 7th (Here's to wishing the best this time)!!!!!!!!!

I go into lockdown on Monday! I had been keeping my humidity WAY too high in the last several hatches. It did not give me great results to say the least! I am keeping it in the 30's to 40's this time, and the little eggies look like they are doing great. Lots of movement, air cells good in most of them (I have over 50 in there!) There is one with an air cell on the side but they are all shipped so seems like good odds to me!

I'm happy to say that I was wrong when I last candled! I thought 2 of my 4 eggs were dud. Tonight I can see movement in 3 eggs! Egg #3 seems to be the only one that i can't see movement in! YAY! I hope I have babies next week!

I go into lockdown on Monday too Nikkipar. Can't wait!

On another note I tossed the 5 eggs that my muscovy duck was sitting on. They were all clear which means that the drake is obviously still too young. I'm not too sad about that.... because it means my duck will be going to her first show on Saturday - and that is almost as exciting as babies!

Whoa baby! We had a rotten one today and threw it out. Now we are down to 6. I have a sinking feeling this isn't going to turn out well...and I'm normally a very positive person! I'm realistic though and this just isn't going well. I can only see one truly doing well right now.

It will be nice to see everyone's babies. I'm looking forward to seeing all the cute fuzzy butts here so please post a lot of pictures!

We have 4 in the brooder now and one of the BO's squawks and peeps so much my husband is already talking about eating her!!!!!! The only time she is quiet is if she is sleeping or I'm holding her. She loves to be held but I can't just carry her around all day. It's like she yells at me until I pick her up. They are just over 2 weeks old.

Currently packing the troughs with paper towels, and will fill with water for lockdown. OMG, it's the first time we've made it this far. I'm super excited.
thumbsup.gif

Currently packing the troughs with paper towels, and will fill with water for lockdown. OMG, it's the first time we've made it this far. I'm super excited.
thumbsup.gif
Oh, congratulations! I'm excited for you!

My chicks are due to hatch late Tuesday/more like Wednesday. I'm going to talk to the teacher about coming in Monday to set everything up for hatching. I'm out of town Saturday, and the school is inaccessible Sunday.

As it is, this is shaping up to be a fairly unsuccessful hatching for me. I went to check on them yesterday, and it appears I have another quitter. So, at this point, I only have two confirmed chicks. The olive egg is still too dark to see inside of, so it's a huge question mark.

Good thing you caught the rotten egg before it exploded!
barnie.gif
Sorry your hatch isn't going well
sad.png
Those needy chicks can be a pain in the rear, but that one will be real friendly which you will appreciate as it gets older
big_smile.png

I still have the 3 out of 10 shipped BLRW eggs growing, plus my two BLRW eggs in with them and the other 3 BLRW eggs under the broody are also still growing. The next batch of 11 shipped bantam buff Brahma eggs I started (they are 6 days along today) I had to throw one out that had a blood ring, but the other 10 are all growing!!!
wee.gif
Amazing for shipped eggs that traveled all the way from Michigan to California! My BYC friend packed them in the soft polyfoam (little holes cut out that hold the eggs, sandwiched between two more sheets of soft foam) and it really does protect them VERY well during shipping! All four of my bantam Polish eggs I set with them are growing also
clap.gif

Whoa baby! We had a rotten one today and threw it out. Now we are down to 6. I have a sinking feeling this isn't going to turn out well...and I'm normally a very positive person! I'm realistic though and this just isn't going well. I can only see one truly doing well right now.
It will be nice to see everyone's babies. I'm looking forward to seeing all the cute fuzzy butts here so please post a lot of pictures!
We have 4 in the brooder now and one of the BO's squawks and peeps so much my husband is already talking about eating her!!!!!! The only time she is quiet is if she is sleeping or I'm holding her. She loves to be held but I can't just carry her around all day. It's like she yells at me until I pick her up. They are just over 2 weeks old.

I am excited for you all! Not much longer! 7 more days till hatch day! I was going to take mine into school on Monday for lockdown (but its Memorial Day! and no school Friday or Monday). Darn!

Thank God for work or I'd have a sore back from being hunched over the incubator. As it is I'm texting home asking whoever is there to check..... as of now? no pip.

Back
Top Bottom