Setting eggs today! (10-11-10) Anyone Else??? pic added pg 8

Quote:
Sounds like you and I may be together at some time or another..I have two more orders coming in..including an incubator. My bator should be here on Thurs...my eggs by Sat..so, just in time. So I will be setting more eggs this weekend.
smile.png
woot.gif

so far so good...got the humidity regulated, no wild temp swings ect...(KNOCK ON WOOD!) I hope it continues that way for the next 19 days!

Incubated twelve silkie eggs 10/11/10! Hope all goes well with yours. This is my first time! I am checking the temp and humidity every couple of hours and not getting much else done! I am so eggcited! Let me know what color silkies you are hatching! I have b/b/s, white and some partridge. Good luck with yours!

Last edited:
so far so good. I did an earily candleing and I have 26 of 28 eggs growing! Not to bad! I cant wait for the next 3 weeks to get over!
tongue.png

Tonight was the first time I've candled at such an early stage. I'm pretty sure I can see veins in 10 of the 19 eggs. (Tosssed one Tues that had a crack in it)

OMG I am so stupid! Night before last I jumped out of bed forgetting that I had the bator next to it and knock it clear across the room! (slipped on the hard wood floor in my socks!) needless to say it and the eggs went flying about 10 of them got cracked and I pulled them. Candled this morning and about 8 more have now developed into blood rings. ( am sure the harsh jarring broke the delicate blood vestles that were just beginning to form.) I guess its back to the drawing board and time to set more eggs. I do have a few left in there, but I want more. I have now Moved the incubator to a different spot where I cant fall into it! LOL
wink.png

Going to candle my Blue, and Splash Marans tonight. Also...set some real pretty Welsummer eggs in another bator last night...plus, the lady that I ordered them from was one short of the order I asked for, so she sent me 9..Polish..blue splash. I'm getting excited to see how the polish work out..never had those before..didn't know they layed such nice sized eggs! Winter hardy too. The Welsummer eggs are huge, beautiful color..I think I will be ordering from her again. On ebay.

Back
Top Bottom