Setting eggs today! (10-11-10) Anyone Else??? pic added pg 8

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jenlynn4, Oct 11, 2010.

1. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    I finally decided to just break down and buy a cheap foam incubator till I can get a good cabnet one in the spring. I use to be able to hatch well out of them when I used them before (like 5 years ago) so we will see how it goes! Anyone Else planning on setting eggs today?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  2. marcym

marcym Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    Iowa
    I'm setting 12 eggs in my new Genesis 1588. I separated my barred rocks hoping to get pure birds, but my patience ran out. Some of them were pullets and the eggs were too small, yet others were wonky shaped. I broke down last night and grabbed twelve eggs from the main coop, and will be happy with little mutts. I just can't wait any longer!!

3. WVchick71

WVchick71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2010
    Small Town
    I set 16 eggs last night [​IMG] ...I have been using a homemade incubator made form a styrofoam cooler from the dollar store. It has been working pretty well. [​IMG] Im really eggcited about these eggs. I have been drooling [​IMG] over the BLRW and now I hope to have some of my own. [​IMG]

Good Luck with yours!

4. jenlynn4

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    YIPPEE!! At least I know I am not the only one who will have chicks in the colder weather! LOL Good thing I have a heated shed to keep them in this year, otherwise they would end up in my house again! LOL [​IMG]

5. search4one

search4one Out Of The Brooder

Aug 23, 2010
    Winters
    I just recieved a Genesis 1588 with auto turner yesterday for my birthday. Haven't even taken it out of the box yet. Looking forward to getting some eggs going.

6. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    I should be getting some tomorrow. My mail comes early, will wait until night to set them. Getting them from a lady here on BYC. They will Blue, Splash, and possibly black Marans. Her birds look beautiful. I love the color of the egg.
    Who said they were hatching out BLRW? I had a beautiful girl years ago..sweet, sweet birds. Beautiful in color.
    I also have some Welsummers coming. Yep, two incubators will be going, and I have always used the 1588..works great. I have really good hatches.
    So, here we go..I'll have to keep an eye on this post. Here's to my eggs arriving on time..tomorrow.. [​IMG]

7. jenlynn4

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    I just love to hatach eggs!!! Its so addicting. I just HATE the waiting! LOL

8. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    I set mine on friday, I'm in but a lil earlier then you, gl

9. storminstaffs

storminstaffs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2008
    Durham, UK
    I put 6 eggs under my broody yesterday will know it they're fertile on the 31st, can't use my candler at day 10 as no electric over the allotment

10. jenlynn4

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    well, its been quite a while since I incubated eggs so I am excited. I just hope I get a good hatch. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by