Setting eggs week of 7/13... Anyone with me??

Ok 45 eggs in lockdown. English Blue Orps, Polish, RIR, Bantams, Marans, Olive Eggers. Moved all my shipped eggs and a couple of local eggs placed the 15th into the reptipro. A total of 12 in there that go into lockdown later this week. Only 2 off the shipped Orp eggs look good :-( 1 Lav and one lemon Cuckoo. But some I am not ready to give up on yet. I had one with a hairline crack that has actually developed well but I don't think it will hatch.

Just for fun pic. We were at the zoo when this little black howler monkey baby left his mom for the first time. The Zoo photographer was there and said my photos were better than his. He said he had been watching for 5 weeks for this opportunity and I was one lucky guy. I was super excited!

Last edited:
What a bummer just candle showgirl eggs, the one i gave to my broody is going strong, 2 quit, 9 nothing, and 4 that i left cause they were dark... But i dont have high hopes.... Bright side day 15 for my runner eggs and the 9 inhave are going strong....

Ok 45 eggs in lockdown. English Blue Orps, Polish, RIR, Bantams, Marans, Olive Eggers. Moved all my shipped eggs and a couple of local eggs placed the 15th into the reptipro. A total of 12 in there that go into lockdown later this week. Only 2 off the shipped Orp eggs look good :-( 1 Lav and one lemon Cuckoo. But some I am not ready to give up on yet. I had one with a hairline crack that has actually developed well but I don't think it will hatch.

Just for fun pic. We were at the zoo when this little black howler monkey baby left his mom for the first time. The Zoo photographer was there and said my photos were better than his. He said he had been watching for 5 weeks for this opportunity and I was one lucky guy. I was super excited!

Awesome cute, but it scared the crap out of me... I clicked on the link for our thread and there is this HUGE face with really BIG eyes!! I was like HoLY CRAP, that ain't no chicken!! lol Shoulda known you posted it Junk!! lol

OK, all, I am so exhausted, I am packing and painting and trying to move stuff and taking care of chicks, and chicks are hatching... We had five more of the d'uccle hatch!! That's nine total out of twelve!!! YAY!!
wee.gif

So, Junk, may I call you Chris? You have a beautiful home and the land is spectacular!! I love all the pics that you post, they are all so, I don't know, action packed? does that sound right? I mean, I always get a sense of action when I look at em... anyway, you are so blessed to have so much beautiful land. We have 5 acres. It is beautiful PA land, lots of woods and a huge pond that abutts right up to our border, just wish we had about another 5. I would like to have enough land to keep a horse or two... but, I wouldn't give up my little 5 acres for anything!! It's home!!

So, hatch day is quickly approaching and I want to once again wish everyone luck with their hatches... I sadly had the failed hatch with my silkies, but I am very happy with the d'uccle outcome that my friend incubated at her house... They are really beautiful chicks...

I will be MIA one again for like 5 days, as I am going to our new house and painting the rooms and getting stuff done there... unfortunately there is no internet there yet!!
he.gif

We will see if I make it back or they take me right to the rubber room!!
th.gif

Aww im joining way late but i started on july 13th as well.. had a scare friday morning as my light blew in my incubator and not sure how much later it was before I realized it but temp was down to 74 ish. Put in a new light and they have stablized at 99.1 ..candled last night just to check and my light isnt strong but of the 8 i could check i could still see good veining ( my light isnt bright enough to see actually chicks and movement) so hoping I still have babies ... I have 6 naked neck/ee crosses in and 6 naked neck/ rir crosses in and 2 of the naked neck and my oddball white chicken eggs in ... wishing everyone goodluck

Ok 45 eggs in lockdown. English Blue Orps, Polish, RIR, Bantams, Marans, Olive Eggers. Moved all my shipped eggs and a couple of local eggs placed the 15th into the reptipro. A total of 12 in there that go into lockdown later this week.  Only 2 off the shipped Orp eggs look good :-(  1 Lav and one lemon Cuckoo.  But some I am not ready to give up on yet. I had one with a hairline crack that has actually developed well but I don't think it will hatch.

Awesome cute, but it scared the crap out of me... I clicked on the link for our thread and there is this HUGE face with really BIG eyes!! I was like HoLY CRAP, that ain't no chicken!! lol Shoulda known you posted it Junk!! lol
?
Lol i was actually confused when i saw the pics, thought i clicked a wrong link :) still very cute!

Back
Top Bottom