Setting eggs week of 7/13... Anyone with me??

Aww im joining way late but i started on july 13th as well.. had a scare friday morning as my light blew in my incubator and not sure how much later it was before I realized it but temp was down to 74 ish. Put in a new light and they have stablized at 99.1 ..candled last night just to check and my light isnt strong but of the 8 i could check i could still see good  veining ( my light isnt bright enough to see actually chicks and movement) so hoping I still have babies ... I have 6 naked neck/ee crosses in and 6 naked neck/ rir crosses in and 2 of the naked neck and my oddball white chicken eggs in ... wishing everyone goodluck 

I'm sure they will be fine. Last hatch my power went out, and still had a good hatch. Happy hatching!

OK, all, I am so exhausted, I am packing and painting and trying to move stuff and taking care of chicks, and chicks are hatching... We had five more of the d'uccle hatch!! That's nine total out of twelve!!! YAY!!
wee.gif

So, Junk, may I call you Chris? You have a beautiful home and the land is spectacular!! I love all the pics that you post, they are all so, I don't know, action packed? does that sound right? I mean, I always get a sense of action when I look at em... anyway, you are so blessed to have so much beautiful land. We have 5 acres. It is beautiful PA land, lots of woods and a huge pond that abutts right up to our border, just wish we had about another 5. I would like to have enough land to keep a horse or two... but, I wouldn't give up my little 5 acres for anything!! It's home!!

So, hatch day is quickly approaching and I want to once again wish everyone luck with their hatches... I sadly had the failed hatch with my silkies, but I am very happy with the d'uccle outcome that my friend incubated at her house... They are really beautiful chicks...

I will be MIA one again for like 5 days, as I am going to our new house and painting the rooms and getting stuff done there... unfortunately there is no internet there yet!!
he.gif

We will see if I make it back or they take me right to the rubber room!!
th.gif

Of course you can call me Chris! Everybody is welcome to! Sometimes I wish we joined great forums like this with our real names. My wife Karen is on here all the time also. I guess we should have seperate accounts but we don't........ All of the pics of the Tennessee Feinting Goats were taken by her. If I take credit I might get poked in the ribs! LOL

Sounds like you are swamped! I hate moving. there is nothing more stressful in life, but it sounds like you are moving to your own slice of heaven. I could be real happy with just five acres. Perfect size for a nice self supporting homestead. One of my other favorite forums is Homesteading-today. Five acres with pond access is just wonderful!

Good luck everybody with lockdown. If I can have 60% hatch I will be thrilled. Not counting my chickens before they hatch though.......

The pic of the monkey was just for fun. I really like how they turned out. Unedited through 1 inch of totally fingerprinted glass at the National Zoo. Just trying to keep the best hatching thread on the web entertained.
wee.gif
tongue2.gif

The monkey was GREAT!!! This is a wonderful thread. Hoping everyone is doing well and get good hatches!!!! So what's the link to the homesteader site? Def interested!!!!! B.

This is day 13 for my eggs.
Great vid Barko! Good luck with the hatch!

Day 15 for my duck eggs day 8 for my chicken eggs gonna candle the chicken eggs to see if anything is happening....
Good luck The ChicknGarden! It's so exciting, isn't it?

What a bummer just candle showgirl eggs, the one i gave to my broody is going strong, 2 quit, 9 nothing, and 4 that i left cause they were dark... But i dont have high hopes.... Bright side day 15 for my runner eggs and the 9 inhave are going strong....
Sorry to hear about the showgirls but good news about the one under your broody! Good luck!

nine total out of twelve!!! YAY!!
wee.gif

So, hatch day is quickly approaching and I want to once again wish everyone luck with their hatches... I sadly had the failed hatch with my silkies, but I am very happy with the d'uccle outcome that my friend incubated at her house... They are really beautiful chicks...
Congratulations on the d'uccles! I can't wait to see pics! Congrats on the move!

Aww im joining way late but i started on july 13th as well.
Good luck!

Lock down for me tonight when I get home from work, woooo hooooo!!!!!
Exciting! I have lockdown on Wednesday, Aug 1! Best wishes for an awesome hatch!

I just wanted to wish you all a good hatch. I am down to the last stretch with an expected hatch on Saturday, if all goes well, with lockdown in 3 days.
fl.gif
I just have 3 silkies in the incubator and all seems to be going well. I'm heading to a conference on another island so will be relying on my non-chicken friends to set up lock down for me. I am a little nervous but I wrote a 10-step note and I'm sure they'll do fine. *gulp* Are you folks as nervous as I am?! Good luck this week everyone!!!
yippiechickie.gif

thumbsup.gif

Good LUCK everyone!!!
fl.gif

I would have to agree, this is the best hatch thread out there!!
thumbsup.gif

Again, Best, Best, Best of LUCK to everyone as their hatch day approaches! I can't wait to see all the little fluffy butt pictures!
celebrate.gif

I have had such great development I have not been nervous at all. Now that I am in lockdown I keep thinking none are going to hatch. Why oh why are my nerves starting to show themselves now.......

Back
Top Bottom