Setting eggs week of 7/13... Anyone with me??

I just couldn't leave Bear behind. My best friend teases me and tells me that she just knows I have a chickie emergency bag packed just incase.
Oh, I wouldn't have been able to leave, Bear either!! I probably would have tried to figure out how to take the incubator and all my chickens too!!

I have my humidity increased to 66%, kinda worried about the condensation on my view window. I am afraid it is going to start dripping on my eggs. Should I not worry about it, or should I open and dry the glass so it doesn't drip.

I have my humidity increased to 66%, kinda worried about the condensation on my view window. I am afraid it is going to start dripping on my eggs. Should I not worry about it, or should I open and dry the glass so it doesn't drip.
I would open a vent... I am pretty new at this too so I would also wait for someone with more experience...
I definitely thought about the bator! I just thought the bumps while driving would do too much harm to them. I'm so worried about them. that dang LG bator needs constant supervision.
I know... thats the kind I have too... well, don't worry yourself sick... I am sure everything will be ok...

Ok final count 30 chicky chick chicks. Man am I glad I have a very large brooder! These things sure eat poop eat poop. The amount of water they drink is staggering. Puppy pads on bottom of brooder. Covered with a 99% dust free pet bedding. Working great.

1 Lemon Cuckoo Orp and 1 Lavender Orp egg made it to lockdown tonight out of 6 each shipped to me.I left another 2 that looked good but have horse shoe shaped aircells. I also placed the new shipped eggs today! So should hatch on 24th.

Ok final count 30 chicky chick chicks. Man am I glad I have a very large brooder! These things sure eat poop eat poop. The amount of water they drink is staggering. Puppy pads on bottom of brooder. Covered with a 99% dust free pet bedding. Working great.

1 Lemon Cuckoo Orp and 1 Lavender Orp egg made it to lockdown tonight out of 6 each shipped to me.I left another 2 that looked good but have horse shoe shaped aircells. I also placed the new shipped eggs today! So should hatch on 24th.
Wow 30!! That's great... so what is that a 50% hatch rate?? That's awsome!!

There were 42 in lockdown. The rest went into lockdown today. ALL of the eggs that did not hatch except 2 came from one breeder. All the Marans Eggs I got from her 1 hatched the rest were totally infertile. The Polish i got from her one little boy hatched and one was too big to turn in shell and I should have helped him yesterday. The others were infertile. The Marans and Orps I got from a friend all but 1 of each hatched and I ended up with 3 splash :) The last two to hatch were splash. So 30 out of 42 is not bad. Super stoked!

Last edited:
Oh wait there might have been more than 42. need to go back and look at notes. Might have been 48. I forgot I took the turner out and had them upright in egg cartons. So might be 30 out of 48

Oh wait there might have been more than 42. need to go back and look at notes. Might have been 48. I forgot I took the turner out and had them upright in egg cartons. So might be 30 out of 48
so, in otherwords there is a woman selling eggs and most of them are infertile??? Where did you buy them??

45 Made it to lockdown. Had a total of 68 eggs. 10 still cooking.

Yes she is selling some infertile eggs. Private breeder in Hughesville MD. This is the worse time of year for fertilazation. But still did not expect 90 percent to be infertile even in july.

Back
Top Bottom