Setting eggs week of 7/13... Anyone with me??

reptipro 6000 is great for those of us..... who lack self control during lockdown

check out the tread Chris put up I learned everything I needed to know and have great hatch rates with mine,even hatched Serama & silkies that everyone says are so hard to hatch.I don't know didn't seem hard with the reptipro. And I suggest a "dry incubation"

Jennifer
wink.png

My previous post was rather confusing. Even to me and I wrote it.........

During a dry incubation in the Reptipro it is usually 10 to 15% higher then room humidity. Which really seemed to work great.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I haven't posted because I was so upset with my hatch. I had 11 viable eggs, 2 hatched by themselves all the rest were shrink wrapped or dead. 3 didn't even pip the air cell but were right there. I had 4 that had pipped and I left them for more than 12 hours. I then opened the air cell and they were dried but alive. I opened the eggs enough for them to breath and they were so weak they couldn't get out. Of the 2 that hatch by themselves one had club feet, so I have wrapped the legs and taped the feet to turn them out at the ankle. It's doing OK. I had a beautiful silver laced that just never thrived and after 5 days of taking care of her day and night and totally falling in love with her she died. No more hatching for me this year. I have 4 gold laced brahmas from this last hatch. I will post pics of my Special Education (Sped) hatch I'm calling it because I had runts, 1 with part of the yock still unabsorbed and another normal one that just died for no apparent reason, club foot chick and my precious baby silver laced that died
hit.gif

Hi everyone, I haven't posted because I was so upset with my hatch. I had 11 viable eggs, 2 hatched by themselves all the rest were shrink wrapped or dead. 3 didn't even pip the air cell but were right there. I had 4 that had pipped and I left them for more than 12 hours. I then opened the air cell and they were dried but alive. I opened the eggs enough for them to breath and they were so weak they couldn't get out. Of the 2 that hatch by themselves one had club feet, so I have wrapped the legs and taped the feet to turn them out at the ankle. It's doing OK. I had a beautiful silver laced that just never thrived and after 5 days of taking care of her day and night and totally falling in love with her she died. No more hatching for me this year. I have 4 gold laced brahmas from this last hatch. I will post pics of my Special Education (Sped) hatch I'm calling it because I had runts, 1 with part of the yock still unabsorbed and another normal one that just died for no apparent reason, club foot chick and my precious baby silver laced that died
hit.gif
hugs.gif

So sorry to hear about your hatch!
hit.gif

I'm thinking my little runt isn't going to make it much longer. She'll get up and take about 3 steps then rests for hours. She's now all by herself since the others kept stepping on her. Dang. I really hope she makes it!

My little runt has been drinking water with poly visol w/o iron. Drinking lots of it. I'll have to keep him separate from Bear and my 1st 2 hatched (two face & B.B.). He seems to be alright with the other one who only hatched out a few hours before him. Figured I'd keep them together as long as he's not getting picked on.

Good luck on your shipped eggs. I will try hatching again, but I really want a new bator first. I'm gonna sell this one (which I don't think is worth much, but it does have a brand new egg turner in it.) Maybe I can get a little for it to put in a bator fund! Not sure I can wait till Christmas!
Sendin Prayers ur way for ur lil Runt!!!...hope they can b together as a wonderful family soon!!

Thanx!...Hope I have Good Luck with them too (ship eggs)!!

What incubator do u have??....what r u thinkin of gettin??....any in mind??

hit.gif
Send my sincere condolences!!....Sorry & understandable of how u feel....hope & when u do decide to hatch again....IT WILL BE A 100% HEALTHY HATCH RATE!!!!!

I'm thinking my little runt isn't going to make it much longer. She'll get up and take about 3 steps then rests for hours. She's now all by herself since the others kept stepping on her. Dang. I really hope she makes it!

aawww.....shes Adorable!!! ....have u try Gatorade?....I know its silly, but was talkin to my Uncle in Kentucky & told him bout the "sav a chick" stuff.
and he told me....next time....to get gatorade & dilute 50/50 with water.

Told him it costed bout the same...hehe

I'll keep Her in Our Prayers!!

I set some in last month and this month this my 2nd time I h sve 14 duck eggs in there and 2 dozen rir eggs and 2standerd cochin eggs in there
I'm crossing my fingers for all of us. I set mine to where they will h atch with a full moon
Have any of y'all heard about it being a better hatch :/on full moon???

Back
Top Bottom