Setting Feb 16, want to join in>Hatch-Along

3 pips and rolling.....This is going to make me nutty...no wait, I already am! Now I am into reading everything I can about duck egg hatches. Apparently, some can take 48 hours....Oh my!

The chicken eggs are just sitting there....just sitting....and sitting...I KNOW it is not till Friday, but come on little chickies!! Oh an a big negative on the stethoscope....for now anyway.

Good thing I have a test to study for and a really messy house....nesting instinct...lol.

Oh how fun and exciting! I just bought a 1950s Robert BRadley redwood incubator; have spent the week figuring out how it works and it is now holding 100 degrees perfectly. Getting ready to move over the first batch of eggs that are due Sat from the styrobator! Just working out the humidity. The original water pan is missing and I'm winging it at the moment.

Five pips this morning- I think this part is worse than the whole 21 days. I can hear them peeping
celebrate.gif

I had two babies this morning when I woke up (only have 4 chicken eggs that went into lockdown and 30 quail that are due tomorrow-no pips on those as of yet) and also another one pipping! I am working today so I peeked and then left them in the bator til I get home tonight!

Five pips this morning- I think this part is worse than the whole 21 days. I can hear them peeping
celebrate.gif
I am up to four pips with the ducks. peeping and pipping. no zipping. I am trying to study and they are in the same room. It is hard to concentrate. On the other hand, I am cleaning my kitchen (what I call "mom clean"...which is better than "teenager clean") and I am thinking about washing my stairs.

I am up to four pips with the ducks. peeping and pipping. no zipping. I am trying to study and they are in the same room. It is hard to concentrate. On the other hand, I am cleaning my kitchen (what I call "mom clean"...which is better than "teenager clean") and I am thinking about washing my stairs.
Fun stuff, that's what I was doing last hatch LOL I was cleaning kitchen and every 20 minutes I had to go check progress on my pips !!!

Okay...5 pips from 6 eggs, I am hearing cheeps and there's some rolling. I even thought that if I hooked up my laptop nearby and played some duckling noises it would give them encouragement. (not any more stranger than listening with a stethoscope) I just want them to come out already. My husband says that if there is such a thing as reincarnation I am going to come back as a snail, so I can learn patience. Good thing that none of my kids took longer than 4 1/2 hours. LOL. good Polish/German birthing hips.

That being said, if you have one of those small Brinsea, If you set the eggs for lockdown with the pointy ends facing the center, that way you can candle and see the activity.
I have my still air in lockdown in the stupid dog kennel, so no one gets any ideas. Should have thought of that earlier.

I am so excited! This is like planning a trip to the amusement park when you are 10!!! I really hope I am not in for a disappointment. I will need therapy for sure.

Back
Top Bottom