Setting Hens 1st eggs Today Aug 30, Maybe they will hatch, Join Me!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by JustPeachy, Aug 30, 2011.

1. JustPeachy

JustPeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2011
    Waynesboro, Ga
    So my Buff Orpington hens have just started laying and I am so anxious [​IMG] to hatch some eggs, I have put all of their first eggs in my incubator and am hoping I may get a few chicks. I have a small incubator, it only holds 7 chicken eggs, so I didn't have to make the first laid eggs sit a long time before putting them in the incubator. If your setting eggs today or this week please join me! This is my first attempt with my own eggs, I was given some mixed breed eggs a few weeks ago to test my bator and I had 5/7 hatch, so I hope I have atleast that good with these eggs too [​IMG] !!! [​IMG]

2. Chicken Chat

Chicken Chat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    I just set 6 eggs yesterday afternoon in my bator. You said your bator holds 7 eggs, it's not a Brinsea mini is it? That's what I'm using (It keeps me from incubating dozens and dozens a year [​IMG])

3. JustPeachy

Jun 14, 2011
    Waynesboro, Ga
    It is, same here, hubby was fine paying so much when he realized I could spend about the same amount but end up with lots more chicks! I love how easy it is to use! My only complaint is that I never know what the humidity is cause I haven't been able to find something small enough to fit in it that will tell me the humidity.... Hope some of my eggs hatch, good luck to you too!

4. Honeysucklefeathers

Honeysucklefeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2011
    western KY
    I am setting either 7 or 8 (hope I get another today) sizzle eggs tonight. Will be keeping up with you guy's [​IMG]

5. marlene

marlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    UK
    I put in 6 silkies today so i'm in [​IMG]

6. Honeysucklefeathers

Honeysucklefeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2011
    western KY
    I ended up setting 7 sizzle eggs and 2 BR/NH mix [​IMG], last night 8/30. Will candle on Saturday. Can't wait to see what hatches [​IMG]

7. KWAK

KWAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2009
    Michigan
    I put 20 eggs (i think, i havnt counted) in 4 days a go!
    4 are white leghorn X EE and the rest are BO X EE [​IMG]

8. greenpeeps

greenpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Greenford, Ohio
    I set 7 eggs today (8/31) that I received from a swap. This is my first hatch and we are using a homemade incubator. Good luck everyone.

Oh I found a really nice website on incubating. http://www.howtoincubate.com/

9. JustPeachy

Jun 14, 2011
    Waynesboro, Ga
    [​IMG] YAY so exciting! Hope we all have a great hatch! [​IMG]

10. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

I put 18 eggs into the HovaBator on this date. I have some first-timer eggs too; from my Sebright bantams. I do so hope they are fertile! The little rooster has been crowing for two months and has been jumping some of the older pullets, so I don't think there will be any problems there. Cross fingers for all of us!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by