Setting Hens 1st eggs Today Aug 30, Maybe they will hatch, Join Me!

JustPeachy

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 14, 2011
Waynesboro, Ga
So my Buff Orpington hens have just started laying and I am so anxious
wee.gif
to hatch some eggs, I have put all of their first eggs in my incubator and am hoping I may get a few chicks. I have a small incubator, it only holds 7 chicken eggs, so I didn't have to make the first laid eggs sit a long time before putting them in the incubator. If your setting eggs today or this week please join me! This is my first attempt with my own eggs, I was given some mixed breed eggs a few weeks ago to test my bator and I had 5/7 hatch, so I hope I have atleast that good with these eggs too
fl.gif
!!!
pop.gif

It is, same here, hubby was fine paying so much when he realized I could spend about the same amount but end up with lots more chicks! I love how easy it is to use! My only complaint is that I never know what the humidity is cause I haven't been able to find something small enough to fit in it that will tell me the humidity.... Hope some of my eggs hatch, good luck to you too!

I put 20 eggs (i think, i havnt counted) in 4 days a go!
4 are white leghorn X EE and the rest are BO X EE
smile.png

I put 18 eggs into the HovaBator on this date. I have some first-timer eggs too; from my Sebright bantams. I do so hope they are fertile! The little rooster has been crowing for two months and has been jumping some of the older pullets, so I don't think there will be any problems there. Cross fingers for all of us!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom