Setting up the bator and setting shipped eggs this week....anyone else wanna join?

OHH!!! Lavender AM's sounds nice and so do the Welsummers. You know mixing those two breeds can possibly give you olive eggers in the future. That's what I was hoping for with the Marans and Am mix of mine. But really I am not sure the roo kissed his Marans hen well sigh! He is just learning and is young. Well one can only hope at this stage. Today I noticed the Am hen has gone completely broody. The roo will have to pick another favorite hen. LOL Gloria Jean

Set nine of my own eggs today - RIR roo over RIR and PBRs. First time hatching. First time chicken owner. First time bator builder! Wanted to run a test hatch before purchasing some Am. & Marans eggs. Good luck everyone:D

Gloria Jean, I forgot to tell you I set 6 Lavender Orp eggs too....I love the color Lavender... LOL! Hope you get some Oliver Egger babies. That would be exciting. Are you going to allow your broody hen to hatch out a few eggs?

BTW, My hubby and I were in the Smokies last year and we pass through Franklin. I loved it!

Gallina, WELCOME to hatching and chicken ownership for the first time...that's exciting! Good luck to you too and keep us posted on your progress. We fellow chicken lovers love new hatchling pics! Cute little fuzzy butts!
jumpy.gif

Gloria Jean, I forgot to tell you I set 6 Lavender Orp eggs too....I love the color Lavender... LOL! Hope you get some Oliver Egger babies. That would be exciting. Are you going to allow your broody hen to hatch out a few eggs?

BTW, My hubby and I were in the Smokies last year and we pass through Franklin. I loved it!

Gallina, WELCOME to hatching and chicken ownership for the first time...that's exciting! Good luck to you too and keep us posted on your progress. We fellow chicken lovers love new hatchling pics! Cute little fuzzy butts!  :jumpy

Thanks! I will definitely post pics and more than likely some questions too. I've read and read some more but there's always a what if or now what? Can't wait for my own lil fuzzy butts:D

I know there is always a "what if" or "what do I do now?" but you will be fine. My first hatch I was a nervous wreck checking my eggs all the time, temp, water level....drives you a little crazy but so exciting!

Here's my set up: I'm using an egg turner this time.

wee.gif
Yippee!!! I am not alone!! Let the fun begin. Fuzzy Butts, fuzzy Butts Chanting wildly.......
Crazy Old woman running around wildly in Bath Robe, Husband thinks she is crazy, Woman knows she is and doesn't care
tongue2.gif
LOL Old women are dangerous.
hide.gif
Gloria Jean

My first time hatching eggs in an incubator. Order eggs from a fellow BYC member. Got an assorment of eggs. Setting them in the incubator today. Grandkids are all excited for new chicks. We made a calendar to count down the days to candling, removing the egg turner and hatch so they can mark the days off. I think they are more excited than me.

Back
Top Bottom