Setting up the bator and setting shipped eggs this week....anyone else wanna join?

I am getting some eggs later this week too. They will ship Wednesday or Thursday.
Incubator is running and being adjusted. I am getting a dozen Millie fluer/Golden Neck D'uccles
and by the time they get here I will have a few of my Barnyard Mix to add.
Cindy

Welcome Cindy to our incubating/hatch party! Good luck with your eggs and keep us posted. This will be my 4th hatch. So exciting! I have 6 Barnyard Mixes in there too....just for fun!
jumpy.gif

I just set 32 eggs yesterday. This is my first time hatching, very excited! Been watching over the incubator like a hawk! Brahma rooster with ameracaunas, black sex link, and buff orphington hens.

Can I join the fun... I have 2 LG incubators running right now. In the first one I have 4 barn yard mixes from my girls, 8 Blue Orpington shipped eggs, and have 12 Light Sussex eggs being shipped tomorrow that will be going in the bator on friday. In the second bator I have 11 Columbian Cochin shipped eggs, 6 Silver Laced Wyandottes shipped eggs, & 6 White D'uccle shipped eggs. All these are on day 3 of incubation. This is my first time trying to hatch shipped eggs. Wishing everyone lots of little fuzzy butts in the near future....

This will be my first hatch this year.
We made our own incubator 2 years ago and have hatched lots of chicks
and ducklings.
big_smile.png

Cindy

I set 35 eggs Friday. They are shipped eggs from two different breeders. One batch is from Catdance and silkies, the otheer batch is from Jim. It is like an experiment. In one shipment I had her add a warmer, in the other shipment, no warmer. I live in Wisconsin and we are experiencing freezing weather. I wanted to know if temperatures makes that big of a difference. I will candle on Friday. I did candle yesterday and some of the eggs have development that is visable, on most it is not. Most of my cells attached during the 24 hour rest. The really cold eggs I rested much longer because they were so cold and took so long to warm. All the egg that did not attach after 24 hours I did not turn for the first 24 hours in the bater and just checked them daily, If the cells attached I put them in the turner. I still have a few not in the turner.

Good hatching!!

Last edited:
My homemade bator is holding temp really well and humidity has dropped five percent as expects. Will add warmed water later today. Not much else to do except wait.... tic, toc, tic toc. Can't wait for Sunday to roll around so that I can candle to see what's what! Oh yeah, need to make a candler!

So this is the end of Day 3 for my eggs in the bator...so far so good. I add more water yesterday and humidity is 57% right now. How is everyone else's eggs doing?

15 days til lockdown.....

Last edited:
Well, the Wygant#2010 (Homemade) is holding steady at 100-102 and 55Humidity.
I don't think I want to mess with the temp any more but maybe lower the humidity a bit?
Come on eggies
pop.gif

Cindy

Welcome mlmills79, barnyardmommy, and delisha.....welcome to the incubating/hatching party! How are everyone's eggs doing today? I checked mine first thing this morning and everything looks good. Humidity holding at 55 or so.

wagoncab - do you usually keep the temp at 100-102 and get a good hatch rate? I drive myself crazy trying to keep it 99.5
jumpy.gif

I usually do get a pretty good hatch rate at that temp. They do tend to hatch a day or 2 early. I have had some chicks hatch at 19-20 days!
There is usually a quitter here and there. I hd 8 duck eggs last year that ALL hatched. I was not expecting that.
Cindy

I try to keep my temps at 100 on top and 96 in the center. I once had it jump to 102 and panicked. So far with this batch the bator is nice and steady. I dry hatch. first 18 days are at 30-40% humidity.

Back
Top Bottom