Setting up the bator and setting shipped eggs this week....anyone else wanna join?

Nine total now! One Wyandotte is a pretty silvery color and the last was very black with black feet. Vicki, would this be a blue Wyandotte? My two questionables I think aren't going to hatch. Once all the pipped eggs hatched I candled the leftovers. One is still moving but has not pipped internally. I hope it decides to make an appearance sometime soon but I'm headed to bed! Got up too early this morning.... With visions of chicklets running amok in my head! Good night ladies. I hope everyone had a nice weekend.
smile.png

Took loads of pix but must download them to computer and will post tomorrow!
G'night all...
Pics pics!!!
wee.gif

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo EGG-CITED!!

I have CHIRPING and a PIP this morning.........WHOO HOO!!
celebrate.gif
you should be excited..and we are excited for you!! Keep us updated!
Quote: I think this is excellent advise. The most important thing is your own house humidity. Your house is like no other. One room is different than another. Do not use bathrooms, rooms that have traffic or areas that have direct sunlight. The room should be a room that stays the same consistant temp through the day. If you live in high humid area you should dry hatch. If you live in a dry climate, you need to add water. 30% humidity till first pip. 60% after first pip.

Nine total now! One Wyandotte is a pretty silvery color and the last was very black with black feet. Vicki, would this be a blue Wyandotte? My two questionables I think aren't going to hatch. Once all the pipped eggs hatched I candled the leftovers. One is still moving but has not pipped internally. I hope it decides to make an appearance sometime soon but I'm headed to bed! Got up too early this morning.... With visions of chicklets running amok in my head! Good night ladies. I hope everyone had a nice weekend.
smile.png

Took loads of pix but must download them to computer and will post tomorrow!
G'night all...

CONGRATS Melinda! Can't wait to see those baby pics! Has your rocking egg pipped or zipped yet?

Well 2 hatched but one died. So we have Chicken Little who is a tough little bird! And is also slowly becoming a "hoodie chick". I feel so bad it's the solo baby. I did not put it out in the brooder in the garage. Chicken Little is currently set up in a nice aquarium in the extra bedroom but spends a lot of time in my hoodie.

Set another dozen mixed color wyandotte eggs Saturday and got a new thermometer. I think that was my issue. I had got the Brinsea Spot check and calibrated it but when I checked it before setting this hatch it was way off.
Sorry you lost one Christina. I have had it happen and it is so sad and hard to see. Sounds like your one little "hoodie" chick is doing great and the pic is adorable. Maybe buy him/her a friend so it's not lonely.

wee.gif

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo EGG-CITED!!

I have CHIRPING and a PIP this morning.........WHOO HOO!!
celebrate.gif

Congrats!! Any of them zipped yet? Can't wait for the pics...so exciting!!

My eggs are due to hatch tomorrow. I'm pretty sure the ones under my broody are a bust since they were due to hatch yesterday and she managed to poo all over them. In the incubator I have a Welsummer and 5 D'uccle eggs pipped. So excited!
Look at all those pips!!! How exciting! That Welly egg looks like it will zip soon!!
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
Here are our "spring pics" I said I would post lol!

And it's currently coming down fairly hard again!

Back
Top Bottom