Severe pasty butt

Pics

Poodlemum

Crowing
Aug 26, 2021
Northern Utah
I have been stressing over a poorly looking chick since getting our silkies Saturday and went back to TSC to get her today. So many severe pasty butts in the bantam bin šŸ˜­ I grabbed one of the employees and she was so upset. Itā€™s usually her job to care for them and she just got back from some time off (the employee I was talking with Saturday said his ā€œchick whispererā€ was out for a few days). I grabbed every one with pasty butt and she clearanced them out. They stank soooooo bad! So far weā€™ve gently washed each bum and added coconut oil. Given nutridrench and the water is with a probiotic packet, electrolytes, etc. What else am I missing???

26ED0471-08E9-4A4F-AD7F-7284FD0625F1.jpeg
292F92D9-45BF-4DE7-B291-26757008E9E8.jpeg
E3692DDB-F19E-4985-B1C3-4A41C01BDC3F.jpeg

The worst one is having trouble staying upright, sheā€™s really bad off. Iā€™ve tucked her in ang sheā€™s finally calming down a bit. Worried sheā€™ll be hurt if I put her under the lamp. Whatā€™s best for her???

B2A8F7FF-A86B-43C9-97DF-2769249D2DF4.jpeg

Get a soft cloth and clean the butt in circular motions careful not to pull, with warm NOT HOT water. dont be aggressive and be very gentle, continue until it seems to soften, gently break up bits and again, dont pull or tug, or it could rip the skin.

Also, so sad to hear about the chicks, they seem to not be cared for well enough by various companys which is SO sad.

there is still hope for them :hugsyou did the right thing

Oh my gosh
I have been stressing over a poorly looking chick since getting our silkies Saturday and went back to TSC to get her today. So many severe pasty butts in the bantam bin šŸ˜­ I grabbed one of the employees and she was so upset. Itā€™s usually her job to care for them and she just got back from some time off (the employee I was talking with Saturday said his ā€œchick whispererā€ was out for a few days). I grabbed every one with pasty butt and she clearanced them out. They stank soooooo bad! So far weā€™ve gently washed each bum and added coconut oil. Given nutridrench and the water is with a probiotic packet, electrolytes, etc. What else am I missing???

View attachment 3017456View attachment 3017457View attachment 3017458
My gosh! That's awful.

Theyā€™re being written up and I did place a formal complaint. You canā€™t expect a single person to be the only competent carer when thereā€™s going to be chicks most of the year (I got some from the last order in October)

Good news though! For now, they are fluffed back up for the most part (oily lol), interacting well, and not screaming or comatoseā€¦ Eating ravenously and flitting about then pen like little butterflies. Such funny little creatures!!!

Back
Top Bottom