sex-linked ducklings

Yes, this is a sex-linked cross :) Any chocolate drake on any hens that aren't chocolate is going to give you sex-linked ducklings. Depending on what other colors you have involved, it might be hard to see the difference in the duckling down, though. Blue and silver can make it a bit difficult.

BF7C14B0-B21C-4515-A043-5FCC0CEEA191.jpeg
Thank you! We ended up with 3 girls, 3 boys and one we aren’t sure of because it is from different parents. I did read Storey’s guide. What I don’t understand is why they have facial stripes and wild type duckling markings. Both the Khaki and Welsh Harlequin should be homozygous recessive for the dusky gene. Any ideas?

Last edited:
View attachment 1744385 Thank you! We ended up with 3 girls, 3 boys and one we are sure of because it is from different parents. I did read Storey’s guide. What I don’t understand is why they have facial stripes and wild type duckling markings. Both the Khaki and Welsh Harlequin should be homozygous recessive for the dusky gene. Any ideas?
I am so bad at genetics(I was lost in that section of the book) can't help you with that(there are plenty who can) but your ducklings are so so cute!

Back
Top Bottom