Sex pop quiz

80275C8C-8F10-4151-A90D-EFAEA74CA550.jpeg

CB9B84AD-E6F1-4206-8F5A-2A4687F752C6.jpeg
B9C93F1F-9040-4DE9-AD9F-EA8B5797A510.jpeg

tempted them with some risotto! See what you make of him/her..? It’s hard to get very close!

I’ve posted pics below. They are yellower than the polish legs. But not bright yellow.. Thank you. I’m interested in what the black means?

In some barred birds the amount of black can be an indication of sex.
The more black the higher chance of a female.
It is easier to judge the younger the bird is.
I'm still leaning pullet.:)
I’ve posted pics below. They are yellower than the polish legs. But not bright yellow.. Thank you. I’m interested in what the black means?

In some barred birds the amount of black can be an indication of sex.
The more black the higher chance of a female.
It is easier to judge the younger the bird is.
I'm still leaning pullet.:)
Fantastic input, I did not know about the leg colour of barreds. Thanks and I hope your correct with her being a female! Fingers crossed.

Hi! Can you give me your best guesses on the sex of my chicks? They are 7 weeks.
I have 7 bantam crosses. Two ( pictured by drinker) are males I can see that! But the other 5 are tricky due to much smaller pea ( or is it rose comb?)
the buff chick is huge, so I’m thinking make, however it’s comb is very pale.
the polish crosses are confusing as one has the 3 pea comb lines but it’s pale. And the redder one is just one mound.
white chick, I have no idea! And specked chick..?!
Thank you !
Have you checked their tail feathers? It should be about time, right? Hold the tail feathers on your hand, fanning them out. Hens should have evenly sized feathers with rounded ends. Cockerels will have different size feathers and some with pointy ends.

Thank you so much! So big buff is a girl, excellent! 4 Roos 3 girls. That’s better than last year where my entire clutch was male!
The BO is definitely a pullet. Lucky you, they're great birds. I know how you feel. One of my hatches this past winter was 7 out of 9 roosters. Most of them found homes, but one was too friendly, so I had to keep him.

Back
Top Bottom