Sex this, please!

It takes alkines

In the Brooder
Jan 12, 2018
Was told this was a polish hen when we got "her" 5 months ago. Now "she" has become pretty aggressive with the other hens and is crowing loudly
20180112_125905.jpg
20180112_125833_006.jpg
. I can't tell. What do you think?

I'm very new to this, she was my first chicken.

Thank you! Being a cockerel and not pure were my arguments. Just proved the husband wrong :)
So now what? I'm ok with a roo, they are not banned here, but HE is being really rough with my orphingtons. One is his age, the others are about 12 weeks. He won't let them out of the coop to free range. Is this normal "pecking order" dominance behavior or should I be doing anything? He lets them out eventually, but is so rough with the younger ones.

Thank you! Being a cockerel and not pure were my arguments. Just proved the husband wrong :)
So now what? I'm ok with a roo, they are not banned here, but HE is being really rough with my orphingtons. One is his age, the others are about 12 weeks. He won't let them out of the coop to free range. Is this normal "pecking order" dominance behavior or should I be doing anything? He lets them out eventually, but is so rough with the younger ones.
Being rough with the young ones is not a good rooster trait. I would cull one like that.

Back
Top Bottom