Sexing Barred Rocks

Pics

For your comparison. Darker pullet at back, lighter cockerel at front.

Looking at this, my plymouth rock might be a rooster too. If everyone of my birds is a rooster it'll be a quiet coop this winter. My bird's carriage and feathering say chicken to me, and the comb is very yellow at 5 weeks, but the feat pattern is very white, which seems to be a dead give away for a rooster.

Yeah I'd say roo then...I think the comb and waddles are more of a give away

Thanks! I suppose I'll keep an eye on him -- I can't have an entire flock of roosters, but none of them are going anywhere until they get a bit older regardless.

Hi All.....This is our barred rock Domino. She(hopefully) is 4 weeks. The guys at the store swear up and down she is a girl. I thought better to come to you wise folks for confirmation. I told them...if she turns out to be a he..they are taking him and all my 3 roosters home with them.
yippiechickie.gif
Thanks for the help

Thanks! I suppose I'll keep an eye on him -- I can't have an entire flock of roosters, but none of them are going anywhere until they get a bit older regardless.
Yeah..I had an Easter Egger that I just knew was a roo at 4 weeks. But I waited. He corwed at 9 weeks and had a new home at 10/11 weeks.
It worked out well.

Hi All.....This is our barred rock Domino. She(hopefully) is 4 weeks. The guys at the store swear up and down she is a girl. I thought better to come to you wise folks for confirmation. I told them...if she turns out to be a he..they are taking him and all my 3 roosters home with them.
yippiechickie.gif
Thanks for the help

Still a little young..but I don't see any definite roo signs yet....
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom